Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Couple questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #1

Default Couple questions.

Ive been out of crawling since ive been in college, but i want to build another ax10. I was wondering what is a better servo to run now? Are the Losi rock lizards that much better than the stock ax10 tires? I was very impressed with the stock tires. Lastly has anyone used the Hitec CRX radio for 4 wheel steering? Thanks for any help.
i c u in my rear view is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

For a servo I would go with the JR 9100 or 8711 you get more torque than the Hitec servos. The 9100 is 370oz of torque and it is the same price as the Hitec with 333oz of torque. JR is also a much better brand than hitec. They make a mush more reliable servo. There are endless options out there for tires, and they are all better than the stock lizards. For example: Losi Claws, Panthers cougars, proline badlands just take your pick.
Josh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u in my rear view View Post
Ive been out of crawling since ive been in college, but i want to build another ax10. I was wondering what is a better servo to run now? Are the Losi rock lizards that much better than the stock ax10 tires? I was very impressed with the stock tires. Lastly has anyone used the Hitec CRX radio for 4 wheel steering? Thanks for any help.
It's Losi Rock Claws, Rock Lizards are the stock tires, and YES that are a lot better that the stockers. I am running a Hobbic CS170 for steering. It's a bit cheaper than the Hitec 5955TG.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:48 PM   #4

Ok thanks for the help.
i c u in my rear view is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I use the Hitec HS-5955TG servo and are very happy with it. But they're like $100 is the bad part. The Rock Claws are allot better. Another thing I found using the rock claws is I'll get flat spots on the tires if I leave the truck on the ground. So now I suspend the truck off the ground.
MaxxPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:59 AM   #6

If you are looking at the JR 9100, there are 2 models:
JR 9100s (s=speed)
JR 9100t (t=torque)
Make sure that you get the "t" as it has 300 oz/in of torque compared to 150 oz/in "s".
coJEEPer is offline   Reply With Quote