Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Super Class Scorpion?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #1

Default Super Class Scorpion?

Hey Guys,
I am going to be starting my build of my first crawler this weekend. I am going to be building a tube chassis for it. I love the look of a tuber in full droop! I plan on doing 4 wheel steering so if I ever compete it would have to be in Super class. My question is this.. since it will be super class, should I stretch the wheelbase out some? What are the advantages? Will Revo driveshafts be long enough to reach if I stretch it out? How long should I go? I'm thinking around a 14" wheelbase?? Should I accomplish the stretch by making longer links or stretching the chassis? I was thinking of keeping the links roughly the same length and stretching the chassis out, but that might not be the best plan? what are your thoughts in general on the idea? Should I just stick with the original wheelbase or stretch it?? What other things should I think about for making it super class? Bigger wheels/tires? Can the stock axels handle bigger than stock wheels/tires? I want to do super class because I like the coolness of 4 wheel steering. I will be using my JR9303 (top of the line!) airplane radio so I can do crabbing etc..... Thanks for your thoughts guys!!

Todd
golfingguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links