Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: First time Crawler basic build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default First time Crawler basic build

I wanted to do some work to my AX10 before I posted it out here. It is a pretty stock AX10 with a few after market parts.

Quick run down:
AX10 with CKRC Stage 2 kit
Stock rims (for now) with 7oz in the front 0 in the back
Integy 55t
Sidewinder ESC
CC BEC
VF Dig
225MG on the dig
645MG on the steering
Rock Claws
HPI El Camino Body (I wanted to do something different and got tired of seeing the same 3 or 4 body’s. Plus I love El Camino’s and have never seen one crawling)
Hot Racing ball ends on the lower links. (not in these pictures)
Cheep TQ3 with dig switch
I can’t remember what else is on there right now.

I cut the El Camino body all up and dovetailed the rear. First time I have ever done anything like that so I hope it looks OK. One of my shock caps came off and I did not fix it prior to taking these pictures.

I star cut and narrowed the foams so it has a hard time standing up on its side with the body on. As soon as TCS gets some of the rockhammer hybrids in stock I am going to get some and I think that will fix most of it. I have also lowered the ESC and RX since this picture.

A few comp pics.

This is some of the 2.2's from OKRCRC.com

My 1.1 El Camino has been stickered to get towed several times because a $4 at gallon can't afford to drive it much. In tribute to my 1.1 I took a peice of the orange sticker that tells you to paint prior to peiling the film off of the body and I put it in the drivers side window.

Plans for the near future:
DX3R TX and RX
RC4WD TrackGear Spool Locker in front and rear
Metal transmission gears
VF Motor plate
VF Stalker or Assassin rims
I want to change out the chassis. Not sure if I want to do a VF Slingshot or Da Bull.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my new toy and see what everybody thought.
ElkySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Looks good man...I think it look sweet to paint your beadlock rings red to match your rig!

Glad to see another okie too! (I am also jealous that you live alot closer to disney than me...lol)
Testykalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Disney was a blast. I can't wait to go back to robbers cave though. I just hope I have my new foams and Tx by then. There was somebody saying they were going to bring ShooGoo (or how ever they spell it) so we could side wall like all hell and I know my foams will not do it like they are now.
ElkySS is offline   Reply With Quote