Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: AX10 spool locker question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default AX10 spool locker question

I just installed two of the AX10 spool lockers and for some reason they feel like there is a lot of drag on them. I have not put the drive shafts back in yet. after I put the gears in and closed up the housing I used an allen wrench in the hole of the pinion to turn it and it just took more umph then I thought it would. On the website it does say "Note: Once you install these locker, it will make a bit of noise, but over time the noise will lessen." So is the just a side effect of what ever it is that is making the noise. When I put them in i did use a small amount of white lithium grease to lube it. I have used this in the past (on other lockers) and never had a problem with it. Are these just different?
ElkySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
On the lookout for Rocks

These lockers are tight, they will have to wear in.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:38 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Make sure you pinion and or inner pinion bearing didn't slide into the housing a little bit. Building my axles I didn't have the inner pinion bearing fully seated and it created lots of drag.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:49 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

From what I can tell they are in there all the way. They came with a new pinion gear that is all one piece unlike the stck ones that has a gear that fits over the shaft with the pins and e-clips. I don't think this one has any choise but to be all the way in. I gave them a good push when I was putting them in. I guess I will just drive it around in circles till it wears in a bit. thanks for the help guys. trying to get it ready for the comp in two days and I want to make sure it is top notch as I can get it.
ElkySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

It's the mechanical version of the drag brake. :-P
jmbones is offline   Reply With Quote