Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: 2008.5 Comp Build - "The Money Pit"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 2008.5 Comp Build - "The Money Pit"

Well, after months and months of buying parts she is coming together nicely. I have a week left to get ready for the last Winter (lol) comp series on my B-Day. So, I figured I better make it a good day and have a ready comper. Then when the Summer Series starts and runs until next February I should be ready.

What you see is only the roller. The shocks are Losi Crawlers and are assembled but I need to find balls that have larger holes. You all know what is put into these by now so I won't need to bore you with specs. That is of course unless it is wanted.

DX3R/3100
5955/225
VF Dig
MM/BEC
MSD's/NWTT/Losi
RCP - All Alums.
TCS - All Alums.
HH - C7T
Saddle's for now
Grappler to be painted
GC2 or SWX probably soon
etc....

I have spent a few long nights getting the suspension setup right. I cut about 3/8" off of the HC links and the WB is 12 1/4". Width is right at 10" Already weighs about 23 pounds, lol.

Since it had no stickers on it, I came up with this:

Um - a bit much?!

There is of course a ton more to come in the next week. You will see it running by then and painted up looking purdy.

Forgot to add the thanks. I know it is cheesy, but I really appreciate this site and the cool people here. Mad props to RCP, TCS, HH, MSD, Horizon Hobbies, Ultimate Hobbies, Tower, CKRC, Losi, Axial, and the loss of money to you all!!!

I have not even driven it yet, but this has been the most fun build of any R/C over the last 20 years!!! Driving it will be even better.

Jon

Last edited by O.C.D.; 06-13-2008 at 02:45 PM.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Would you just hurry up and be done already!!! That way you can join the rest of us "adults" at PP. SHEEESH
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I am, I am. I seem to be getting in trouble lately with the wife because I am making this my priority right now. Women (that don't have hobbies) don't understand.

I was up til 4 am last night and can expect more tonight. Trust me, I want this thing finished as well. That and I am building a scaler too! Not enough time for me.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:25 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

if your getting a gc2 soon you will have alot of wasted time settin up..and alot of extra parts you didnt need to buy
severed701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
if your getting a gc2 soon you will have alot of wasted time settin up..and alot of extra parts you didnt need to buy
severed701 is correct. If your waiting to get a newer chassis, you shouldnt waste your time with the stock AX-10. Alot of people still run them, but if you plan on upgrading soon, Id recommend not to bother trying to finish this rig with the stock chassis. Itll save you alot of tear down, re-build up time, testing time & tweaking time that could be spent on the rocks getting experience.

As for the GC-2, I dont run one, but Ive read and heard great things. The SWX, Bender is still currently in the testing stage (I think, you may need to ask him) and I dont know if he is going to have any chassis out any time soon.

Now if you want to get it running, by all means finish the build with the stock chassis and get out on the rocks. The more experience the better.

Oh one more thing, your rig weighs 23 lbs!!! My Clod doesnt weigh that much! Your gonna drain your battiers out the ass. You also run the risk of frying your ESC, maybe your motor, breaking tranny and dig gears or diffs. Alot of true comp guys run their rigs under 10 lbs. Your gonna want to be agile but have stability. Anything over that, your really pushing your rig.

Other that that, nice build! And nice choice on the HH Puller & motor graphics!
FatGremlins is offline   Reply With Quote