Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Mikey's TCS Edge ver 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 02:29 AM   #1
Like a boss...

Default Mikey's TCS Edge ver 2.0

So I built up a chassis for my son, I originally built up a Stage 3 Racing Goat chassis, but the whole build got away from me - expensive ESC, servo, motors, radio. After a few runs with it...it was hard for Dad to relax with the kid driving and just let him enjoy it.

So I decided to switch with him and give him my Edge chassis. Mikey didn't want the black panels, wanted "silver" and wanted blue beadlock rings. So a little paint, some custom panels and decals (he's turning 6 this week). I yanked all the gear and went back to the basics and used what I had laying around.

Dad can now relax and the kid has a pretty bullet proof rig so he can hang with the big guys now.

Enjoy the pics....

mann0mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2008, 02:49 AM   #2

Wow, what a lucky little dude! Looks great!, hope he uses it well and doesnt destroy it too quick
Steve-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:17 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Nice Job on the EDGE Build for your son!
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:01 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Mike looks just as good as all of your other "TOP" secret projects. Can't wait to see it in person at the shop.

And Mikey is a great kid and really deserves it. Love the leaning while he is driving.

-Tim
bigtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Wow - that's awesome! I'm really leaning towards an axial w/ edge chassis for my son/myself. We've been running our Nylints (is there such a thing anymore??!!) for a couple years now, and i'm constantly on my 5 y/o son not to bind it up. He's a great driver, but I know it's only a matter of time before it breaks. I want something that's "almost" bullet proof while being semi-easy on the wallet.
GATOROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:49 AM   #6
PapaGriz Yo

Very cool. My son just turned 6 and his hands are not quite big enough to hold a radio properly and run the trigger. Once he can do that he'll be getting his own crawler.

Mikey's rig looks really good, nice job.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:51 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Cool! My son (6 y/o) wants nothing to do with crawling, he's a speed demon. He doesn't like driving my Scorpion because it won't do donuts.

Browncoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:51 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

nor/cal, where? the sky looks just like mine over here in Sonoma. the valley is full of smoke from all the fires.

truck tech: do you think the axial aluminum shock bodies make any difference with the top caps popping off, better/worse/no difference?

thanks
nick
8onick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #9
Like a boss...

Thanks for all the kinds words guys!

We drove a whole pack on it yesterday (that's when we took the pics) about 20 minutes and he beat on it pretty good. The aluminum Panels were perfect, can't see a scratch on them! He loves driving the bridge on our course...

Tim: Yeah's he got a lot of body english! He sticks his tongue out too when he's really concentrating, just like his old man. Look at that one pic. We still on for Wed?

Griz: Thanks for compliments! My son actually has the same problem...he's good on throttle and steering, but he doesn't have enough "throw" in his hands/fingers to do reverse. So he has to sort of switch hands and use his right hand to work reverse. I feel bad for him sometimes because it's hard for him to go slow in reverse that way...but he's having fun. :-)

80nick - I'm in Concord/Clayton. Yeah yesterday was pretty bad wasn't it? Just a haze over everything all day. I thought maybe it was a fire out on march creek or something in the morning...didn't realize it was from everything else.

Regarding the aluminum bodies, they really fixed all my problems. No popped caps and no leaks. I also used a second set or o-rings on the outside just at the bottom of the thread on the caps.

Thanks again guys!

-Mike
mann0mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:00 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Yeah we are on for tonight. I'm gonna bring the Blackjack and the CR-01 to try out.
-Tim
bigtim is offline   Reply With Quote