Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: battery location

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default battery location

Before we get started, I have been searching and trying many different ways to mount my battery on the front axle, I can't seem to come up with something that will work as well as I want it too. I am using a 3s lipo that I can't seem to get to fit on the front axle with my 8711 servo. I've tried mocking it up with the servo lowered and the batt on top of it but the steering and tires hit the servo. When I mocked it all up last night I placed the battery on top of the stock battery plate, I know it's blasphemy but I tried it anyway. When I placed the rig on it's side it stayed on its tires, when I put it against the wall the rear tires were around 1" from the wall. So I'm wondering if having the lipo up top really is that negative in my situation. I do have weights in the front tires, around 3 oz. What are your opinions on this? Should I keep thinking up ways to mount it on the axle? The losi crawler shocks are probably the reason I'm able to pull this off.
Rooney7783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

try this

battery placement and options
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I was trying to do it like this Snerd's comp rig-feedback?

since I am using the same battery. Due to the length of the battery it's hard to find a spot to mount it.
Rooney7783 is offline   Reply With Quote