Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: novak motor capacitor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2008, 01:25 AM   #1

Default novak motor capacitor

guys

i need you on this. i have a novak esc rooster crawler and a integy v10 motor 55t . do i need to install the 3 motor capacitors to my integy v10 motor. i have read the instruction on my novak rooster crawler esc that i need to install the motor capacitors . but i dont know if the integy v10 motor has a built in motor capacitor installed

thanks
aljeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2008, 01:33 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Seriously dude. You need to learn to read... Go back and read the description of what you bought:

"Integy rock crawler motor is a hand wound armature, 65X1 winding. Ball bearings. High turn count perfect for slow moving rock crawlers. Surface mount capacitors. Color coated brush eyelet heatsinks. Adjustable timing. Blue motor can."

and then try to figure it out...
cpd438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:42 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd438 View Post
Seriously dude. You need to learn to read... Go back and read the description of what you bought:

"Integy rock crawler motor is a hand wound armature, 65X1 winding. Ball bearings. High turn count perfect for slow moving rock crawlers. Surface mount capacitors. Color coated brush eyelet heatsinks. Adjustable timing. Blue motor can."

and then try to figure it out...

before you start bashing you might want to learn a few things! He staighted that he has a V10 55t motor. You described a V11 65t motor. They are 2 different animals. The V10 does not come with surface mounted caps. Only the V11 motors have those. You seem to be a newb yourself so just chill out.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:43 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljeann View Post
guys

i need you on this. i have a novak esc rooster crawler and a integy v10 motor 55t . do i need to install the 3 motor capacitors to my integy v10 motor. i have read the instruction on my novak rooster crawler esc that i need to install the motor capacitors . but i dont know if the integy v10 motor has a built in motor capacitor installed

thanks

yes you will need to install the 3 caps. Most guys will say they are not needed but I have always run them on all my motors.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:58 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

If it glitches, install them. I run mine without them though.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:59 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Really? check this link and get back to me....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPZP8
Old 07-14-2008, 04:43 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd438 View Post
Really? check this link and get back to me....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPZP8

dude tower has the wrong info on it. Go to the source. Integy themselfs state that it doesn't have them. Why don't you look at this!

http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.c...=4411&p_catid=

you really need to take your own advice before you post up!
Old 07-14-2008, 05:29 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

just because integy doesn't say the caps are installed doesn't mean they are not there. Tower actually has the right info one THIS one. How do I know? I run the v-10 55t and I have one in my rig and they both have caps installed from the manufacter. Still a non-believer, take a look at this

I had the same question when I first got mine so I emailed integy themselves to find out what the story is, and they told me that green circuit board has caps in it.
Now to back to the original question, yes the v-10 55t has caps installed.
allgm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:12 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

hmmmm. Well I got screwed on the last one I bought then. It had the V10 label on it and looked just like the one you posted minus the caps! have the all been like this? I know I bought one as did a buddy and neither had the caps. I guess we both got screwd. Oh well I guess I was wrong on this one. My bad guys.:-(
Old 07-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I PMed Bigflex with this but I'll put it here too. Is it possible there was a spec change at some point in the production? Is there a chance we are both right?

Additionally Aljeann, I apologize for flaming you so hard. Most of your questions are very basic and are already answered on this forum, but I should have sent you a PM stating that and given you a chance before smoking you in public.