Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: so i ordered it finally

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default so i ordered it finally

new to crawling but not new to rc. been reading allot drooling allot at the rigs i have seen and after getting the funds together i finally ordered the axial artr. I can't wait as it looks like a great place to start. not the best but definetly capable from what ive read. I need to get some more money saved up for electronics. I already have spare spektrum receiver for my dx3.0 so I need motor, esc and to build a split battery pack for front axle.
my question is what motor esc combo does everyone reccomend. integy or novak fifty five motor. rooster or castle sidewinder esc.
was originally planning on just getting novak fifty five and a cheap esc to get by but since have decided to save a little more and get a better esc.
any comments suggestions on electronics appreciated.
also i have read multiple posts about stock springs being real stiff on this truck. what color axial springs are a good replacement.

thanks for any feedback
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolferlee View Post
new to crawling but not new to rc. been reading allot drooling allot at the rigs i have seen and after getting the funds together i finally ordered the axial artr. I can't wait as it looks like a great place to start. not the best but definetly capable from what ive read. I need to get some more money saved up for electronics. I already have spare spektrum receiver for my dx3.0 so I need motor, esc and to build a split battery pack for front axle.
my question is what motor esc combo does everyone reccomend. integy or novak fifty five motor. rooster or castle sidewinder esc.
was originally planning on just getting novak fifty five and a cheap esc to get by but since have decided to save a little more and get a better esc.
any comments suggestions on electronics appreciated.
also i have read multiple posts about stock springs being real stiff on this truck. what color axial springs are a good replacement.

thanks for any feedback
well welcome to the crawling world, that is a very good start, now on the motors it really dont matter they are pretty much the same but the esc if you are going to volt up down the road for speed and power get the sidewinder. i got the rooster and 7 cell or 2 cell lipo kind of sucks, wish i could volt up but im not going to buy another esc just for it, but on the other hand i love the bec in the rooster so you dont got to run a cc bec, just wish it could hold up to a little more power..
maro69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I just got my ARTR up and running. I went with the integy 65t, it's a lot faster than I expected but that's probably because of the 3s 11.1v 2100mAh lipo I'm running. For the esc I'm using the tekin fxr and I love it. For the servo I've got the JR DS8711. I'm not sure about springs since I just went ahead and replaced them with the Losi rock crawlers. I think my setup seems to work well. It still needs some tweaking but it works.
Rooney7783 is offline   Reply With Quote