Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 08:03 PM   #1

Default shocks

I no everyone has thought of running different shocks far as height springs and wat not but has anyone played with savage shocks to get more droop? my friend has told me about someone doing that but i cant seem to find the thread on it. just curious on the pros and cons on the idea.
jtandtiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #2
ghetto fabulous newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtandtiff View Post
I no everyone has thought of running different shocks far as height springs and wat not but has anyone played with savage shocks to get more droop? my friend has told me about someone doing that but i cant seem to find the thread on it. just curious on the pros and cons on the idea.
Savage shocks are way to big/long for any crawler. They have way to much travel.
yotachump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:36 PM   #3

i put internal springs #2s inside.the savage shocks ride full compressedn and sit just a tad lower then the stock shocks. the only thing i have gained is a little more droop. i am thinking i am going in the wrong direction. i test on some pretty rough terrain it seemed to do really well and body roll is just a tad worse but i think with stiffer springs it might control that. am i that far off?
jtandtiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:11 PM   #4

How about the Hot Racing Shocks from TCS? The strange thing is there are green ones to match the AX10, but I want the silver and it specifically says "not for AX10" they look exactly the same what is the difference? By the way are the HR shocks any good?
Bullfrog is offline   Reply With Quote