Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Axial AM27 voltage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #1

Default Axial AM27 voltage

Hi,

Is it a good idea to increase the voltage of a 27T axial motor. I can't find the max voltage for this motor. I know that the Axial ESC can Handle more than 7.2 volt but what about the motor? I,m really new to this hobby and I know nothing about how to improve the performance of my AX-10. I read that a Cobalt 7T can be a good improvement to both speed and torque but maybe I can just put a lipo battery to improve speed and torque. I also read about a 35T Warrior, is it a good alternative to the cobalt 7T. So much thing to learn, I don't know where to begin. What I want is a mix of crawler and basher. So lot of torque at low speed and a decent max speed. Of course I will have to lower the CG.
kafou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

The 27T can ran on 3S or 11.1V. It's an cheaply built motor though, so expect failure eventually. It can also make for a decent crawler motor, I know several people who use 27T and like it better as it allows them to really go "mudding" while still being able to crawl.

Downside to 27T is it will stall easier. 35+ do not stall out as easily when the truck gets stuck. You can fry the windings or a brush on the 27T easier...but you get the speed you want out of it.

You can purchase a hand wound 27T that would give you exceptional performance and speed and be higher quality and hold up better than the stamped-can RTR motor.

35T w/ 3S lipo is good but I would not call it "basher speed." It's fun in the sand and snow, but flat out it's less than entertaining.

-Wes
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote