Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Reverse Rotation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Reverse Rotation

Hello i am newer to the crawling scene so cut me some slack here, I just installed a R2D transmission onto a CKRC frame and skid plate and without instructions i tried to piece everything together as best i could and how i would think everything is supposed to be setup, now i have reverse rotation i.e. my forward is backward and backward is forward. Can anyone assist me with what i have wrong, here are some pics and a short clip to show you what i am talking about and how everything is set up.

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...tationTest.flv
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...earboxshot.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...eshotflash.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...Sideshot-1.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...Chasisshot.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...hotcloseup.jpg
Indiglo5997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Try reversing the throttle on your radio, or swap the motor wires (blue-yellow & yellow -blue)....

Last edited by TONKA TOY; 09-09-2008 at 07:14 PM.
TONKA TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONKA TOY View Post
Try reversing the throttle on your radio, or swap the motor wires (blue-yellow & yellow -blue)....

I was thinking about that but what gets me is before i did this install i had it the same way on my stock tranny and running gear, i.e. wires and controller settings and everything was working correctly
Old 09-09-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I agree with Tonka Toy. First try switching the rotation on the radio since it looks like the esc wires are soldered to the motor. That should fix the problem

Edit: You changed to different trans, the R2 doesn't have the same gear setup as a stock trans

Last edited by jmz6; 09-09-2008 at 07:23 PM.
jmz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz6 View Post
I agree with Tonka Toy. First try switching the rotation on the radio since it looks like the esc wires are soldered to the motor. That should fix the problem

Edit: You changed to different trans, the R2 doesn't have the same gear setup as a stock trans

ya i did solder them on, i am looking at my instructions and can't seem to find how to change it on the radio, anyone got any tips i have a Airtronics MX-3 radio
Old 09-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

did you put the motor on the correct side of the trans?
terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible View Post
did you put the motor on the correct side of the trans?

Yes i did the open side that i was taking pics and video of is usually covered by the mounting plate for the servo for the dig, or if you don't have the dig option RC4WD make a plexi cover so you can see in
Old 09-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

isnt the moter suppose to be towards the front i dont know if it has to be that way for the dig but mine the pinot gear faces the back of the rig

Last edited by whitetshirtguy; 09-09-2008 at 08:00 PM.
whitetshirtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:20 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetshirtguy View Post
isnt the moter suppose to be towards the front i dont know if it has to be that way for the dig but mine the pinot gear faces the back of the rig

i was thinking the same thing, i was about to reverse the whole trans but i have a CKRC rockstar frame and the way i have the trans now i can tell its supposed to be the way it is because the frame that is on the side with the dig has a cut out/notch to clearance the dig setup and looking at the other side there is no notch and the trans would fit right or properly if reversed
Old 09-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

the motor is supposed to be facing the rear, on the R2D. thats just the way it was designed for the dig.

it only takes a few minutes to re salder the wires. i would suggest you do that

i have an AX-10, and thats what i did

enjoy

Last edited by BuzzKilla; 09-09-2008 at 09:39 PM.
BuzzKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:55 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKilla View Post
the motor is supposed to be facing the rear, on the R2D. thats just the way it was designed for the dig.

it only takes a few minutes to re salder the wires. i would suggest you do that

i have an AX-10, and thats what i did

enjoy

Cool ya that's what i am thinking what i am wanting to do, but do i have to worry about frying my motor or more importantly my rooster but reversing the wires? Have you had any problems with yours?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiglo5997 View Post
Cool ya that's what i am thinking what i am wanting to do, but do i have to worry about frying my motor or more importantly my rooster but reversing the wires? Have you had any problems with yours?
Reversing the wires will not hurt anything..... I have them reversed on mine as well. By reversing the wires you are basically sending the correct signal from the radio to the motor. On most radios there is a small switch that you can hit for the throttle reversing and even the steering reversing. It is no big deal to have them reversed and you don't have to worry about frying the esc or the motor.
TONKA TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONKA TOY View Post
Reversing the wires will not hurt anything..... I have them reversed on mine as well. By reversing the wires you are basically sending the correct signal from the radio to the motor. On most radios there is a small switch that you can hit for the throttle reversing and even the steering reversing. It is no big deal to have them reversed and you don't have to worry about frying the esc or the motor.

Cool now i can do that and move on to the fine tuning stage. The next problem i am having is my suspension has so much length and articulation that the drive shafts are not long enough and i have some zip ties acting like limiting straps at the moment without those if i pick up my truck and let the suspension hang the shafts will come unconnected, the shafts are upgraded from stock and are a hair longer but not long enough. Do any of you guys have some suggestions?