Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: TCS Crawlers Upgraded Delrin Skid Plate Problem/Question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 10:09 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default TCS Crawlers Upgraded Delrin Skid Plate Problem/Question?

Recently I purchased this part Click Here and thought it would be an easy/clean way of inboarding my links. I've had good luck with other delrin products from them.

I ran into a problem while reinstalling the lower links and using the 3x16mm button head screws supplied. The screws just weren't long enough to catch. The 3x8 cap heads were used to attached the tranny and the 3x30's are used at the axle ends. There was no way the 3x16 was long enough to pass through the axial side frame plate, then through this skid. They needed to be a bit longer. Unless I have something wrong, not sure how, I mounted everything up just like the pictures in the link I posted.

Anyone else have this problem?

Of course then I dug out some longer 3mm screws and messed it all up trying drill out the skid to accept the screws that were now too long.

Last edited by goldmember; 09-11-2008 at 08:50 AM.
goldmember is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2008, 10:57 PM   #2

I thought it came with nylocks to complete the install
dezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:04 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

It only came with screws and spacers. No nylocks. I'll get in touch with them later today and let you guys know what I find out.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:22 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Mine's threaded the whole way, including the 2mm 'tabs'. Mine isn't drilled deep enough for any screws much longer than that. Does it look like yours threaded?
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:07 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

It felt threaded. The 2mm tabs didn't. But the button head screws they supplied just weren't' long enough to pass through the frame, 2mm tab, suspension link and then have enough left over to thread into main part of the skid. :?
Old 09-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #6

I had the same problem, I used 3mm longer screws and locktite on them. I could push the scew in most of the way like the hole was to big and/ or not threaded.

Scott
sangell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #7
The Wheels Keep Turning

The screws that hold the links on at the chassis should be long enough to go through the chassis plate, tab on the skid, the link rod end, and then into the skidplate itself. Please let us know if the hardware you received is not correct. And if you had a problem and your skidplate is now bad, please let us know and we'll take care of it. Sorry about any problems or wrong hardware any of you have received.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:43 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Kevin thank you for taking the time to reply both here and to my email inquiry. Not surprising, your customer service is top notch.

Looking forward to getting this installed!
Old 09-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #9
The Wheels Keep Turning

Your very welcome, and again sorry about the problem you had with the skidplate.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Well I'd like thank Kevin over at TCS for sending me a new skid plate. According to Kevin the hardware that came with the first one was correct.

I'll chalk this one up to me being an idiot and grabbing a drill to soon. And for Kevin to send me a new one shows how great his company is.

Needless to say I reinstalled the new skid the same way I did with the first one and I had no issues. Everything matched up perfectly with factory like precision.