Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: simple mods to make your ax10 rtc a real crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 12:06 AM   #1

Default simple mods to make your ax10 rtc a real crawler

First things i did was to add about 4 oz of stick on tire weights i got a les schwab i just stuck them to the inside of my rubber 2 or 3 at a time..then i moved the battery plate forward useing only the front mount and zip tie to the steering servo plate this is a simple solution to the weight problem...then i put in the supplied dif locker into the front dif and added a high torque steering servo and also a smaller body.....oh ya and the Novak 55 turn moter and 12 tooth pinion gear....
NORCALDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2008, 12:36 AM   #2

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORCALDAN View Post
First things i did was to add about 4 oz of stick on tire weights i got a les schwab i just stuck them to the inside of my rubber 2 or 3 at a time..then i moved the battery plate forward useing only the front mount and zip tie to the steering servo plate this is a simple solution to the weight problem...then i put in the supplied dif locker into the front dif and added a high torque steering servo and also a smaller body.....oh ya and the Novak 55 turn moter and 12 tooth pinion gear....
sounds like a solid idea, i might use some of your advice...
motorider420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:20 AM   #3

That sounds very similar to what I've done so far. I also star cut the foams, that one is another great free mod.
boomchank is offline   Reply With Quote