Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Da Wicked Bull - Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Da Wicked Bull - Build

Da Wicked Bull chassis by Double J Products Coming Soon

I decided to go with mostly parts someone getting started or moving to the DWB chassis may be using.

AX10 Axles
Pede shafts
STRC rear lockouts
Metal yokes
Proline Bead locks
M2K's M3, Rock Claws, Moab's M2, PL Hammers M2
Mem. Foams
Big bore shocks w/Losi white springs
Axial trans
55t Lathe
RR 12t pinion
HS-5955TG
HS-645MG servo (for dig)
Rooster crawler Esc
Airtronics mx3 radio

This chassis is strong and compact Made from 5051 Aluminum and is .125 thick. The skid and braces are made up from .375 +- derlin, the braces make a perfect spot for mounting elec's. Chassis came assembled and will be powder coated when it's released.

Setup was quick and easy the skid comes blank so you can locate and drill for the tranny of your choice. The horns are adjustable only limited by your imagination. The only modification I made was to drill out a few holes to 9/64" on the horns to allow even more mounting locations. this allows the larger hardware from the braces to pass through the horns.

After four packs through (8hrs of run time. These are the results:

COG ~ A+
Side Hilling ~ A+
Vertical ability (Up/Down) ~ A+

Torque twist - non existent
Chassis Twist (What chassis twist?!?!?!?!?)

On to the pics :

Chassis Shots:

Balance ?????? Hell Yea!!!!!! (Even with the monster pack )

Flex :

Last edited by 666; 09-29-2008 at 07:50 PM. Reason: fix pics
DRCMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Looks good! The chassis seems a bit more compact than the DaBull. I am pretty happy with mine....and I as well, like those chassis braces!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Da Wicked Bull - Action shots

I couldn't wait to run this rig So here are some action shots before the lid.

Ok time for updates:

I extended the rear link setup .50" and shortened the front .50" to stay with in spec 12.25" WB.
I also dropped in the Rooster Crawler ESC, swapped out the front springs for Losi white springs and picked up a JConcepts Gate crasher Body.

This Chassis does perform Great. Fantastic LOW C.O.G. The only other change I made was moving the shock mounting point forward one hole on the horns (To maintain ride height with the softer springs)

With the new lid:

Vid:

http://good-times.webshots.com/video...00130556fNBwuR
http://good-times.webshots.com/video...00130556LzXcbQ
http://good-times.webshots.com/video...00130556MVFIBs
http://good-times.webshots.com/video...00130556rJlQXT

Last edited by 666; 09-29-2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: fix pics
Old 09-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Default Definitely some beef!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Looks good! The chassis seems a bit more compact than the DaBull. I am pretty happy with mine....and I as well, like those chassis braces!
The braces are beefy and definitely give pleanty of room for elec's
Old 09-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Default Da Wicked Bull - Build

August 17Th was the official hard core test at a comp. The chassis performed just as I was expecting................. Freakin' Awesome First place with the virgin run at a comp

The courses were brutal as always and this setup walked through the first 6 of 10 gates on course #1. Gate 7 was a major drop into a hole, the rig went in righted itself and continued to climb out. Gates 9-10 there was another drop off. To avoid a reverse penalty I backed down and through the last two.

This chassis is unbelievable !!! To summarize the performance up/down/ off camber This chassis is extremely predictable I can't think of any needed changes in the setup that are needed

This tells the story of the day

Old 09-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #6
MODERHATER™

I think it is bullshit Double J has time to hook you up with a chassis after all the people here on RCC have outstanding deals with him, and you pimp it here. Real classy.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:27 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Default Dude Chill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I think it is bullshit Double J has time to hook you up with a chassis after all the people here on RCC have outstanding deals with him, and you pimp it here. Real classy.
Dude I'm just one of the testers My job was to built it run it though it's paces and stress test it. My history with him has been cool and he's treated well. If you've got beef it's not with me. I'm just another RC crawling guy trying to win some comps All I know is this chassis gets an A+ a far as I'm concerned.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:33 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Chassis and set up good.

Not sure how to think about this. I'd me pissed if I was one of the guys he owes and saw this. But then again, maybe he needs this to help pay everyone back. If his broke and doesn't have the money to pay back. Maybe just maybe this will help get everyone paid back.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:38 AM   #9
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCMAN View Post
Dude I'm just one of the testers My job was to built it run it though it's paces and stress test it. My history with him has been cool and he's treated well. If you've got beef it's not with me. I'm just another RC crawling guy trying to win some comps All I know is this chassis gets an A+ a far as I'm concerned.

I don't care if he had offered me a dozen chassis', there is absolutely no way I would be on here pimping his stuff if I knew(as do you), that he has screwed over many, many people.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:11 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Question Un-aware ??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
Chassis and set up good.

Not sure how to think about this. I'd me pissed if I was one of the guys he owes and saw this. But then again, maybe he needs this to help pay everyone back. If his broke and doesn't have the money to pay back. Maybe just maybe this will help get everyone paid back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
I don't care if he had offered me a dozen chassis', there is absolutely no way I would be on here pimping his stuff if I knew(as do you), that he has screwed over many, many people.
:neutral: Hey guys, I'm not sure what went down before I got the nod to test, and I'm not trying to throw this up in anyones face. I don't really know what to say since I'm un-aware of what's going on. I'm just the messenger :neutral:
Old 09-30-2008, 08:31 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Do these pictures show torque twist?

Why is the wheel in the air? If it had no torque twist, all the wheels would be planted on the rock right?

Matt
littleskull99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:44 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

The wheel is in the air because on those pics the right/rear - left/rear wheel is in a hole.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Default Comp pics

Old 09-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Guys,
Ease up on DRCMAN...He was offered a tester back in February. He has had it since then for testing.

Don't flame his build because of other issues with JJ.

If you want to flame JJ, go to his post and do it. DRCMAN is just posting a build.

Thanks

Last edited by Rckcrwlr; 09-30-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:04 AM   #15
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
Guys,
Ease up on DRCMAN...He was offered a tester back in February. He has had it since then for testing.

Don't flame his build because of other issues with JJ.

If you want to flame JJ, go to his post and do it. DRCMAN is just posting a build.

Thanks
I don't agree totally. There is a difference between posting a build and pimping a thief's new product.

I would post the same build and remove EVERY mention of Double J and his products.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:08 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
I don't agree totally. There is a difference between posting a build and pimping a thief's new product.

I would post the same build and remove EVERY mention of Double J and his products.
On that note, he only mentions Double J in the first post. I didn't see anywhere else that the manufacturer was mention in his build posts...now JJ has got more name drop from all this chit chat...
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote