Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Gettin ready!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #1

Talking Gettin ready!

I just got paid. im going to go cash a nice portion of the check so i can get my AX-10 Kit.

Any suggestions as to what to get with it right away
ill prob get 500 bucks out of the check and get what ever i can with that.
crawlinfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

my buddy has the orange artr axial and it does very well out of the box. maybe add dig and youd pretty much be set.
stanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

id get the kit,spektrum,i have the dx2 149.99 at my LHS,im running a rooster crawler esc=crap/55t motor waiting on sidewinder and holmes revolver to come in the mail,3 cell lipo 40.00 ay LHS at least at mine,charger for 3 cell 45.99,and if u want look into gettn a new chassis i did i bought a MFM blackwidow and there 40 buks online and to me is way better than stock 1,if u want i have a edge tuber for sale 40 buks takes it if interested just air brushed it its pearlesnt purple or can change to what ever color u would want if ur interested...hop this helps some
ENZLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #4

Ended up getting the RTR ... I didnt wanna wait to split this up into 2 weeks.. bought integy steering links, Bent lower links, integy alum. Body mounts, Hammer tires, Novak 55t motor... im heading back tomorrow for more...
Old 10-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

mine started out as a rtr now the axles and drivedhafts are the only thing that came from the rtr....i have the novak 55 its good but if u want more wheel speed get a 3cell lipo its not fast its just a lilttle more grunt with the 3 cell thats if u wana go lipo oh and i would drill lil holes in ur rims to let the air in an out but nothin big like use a 1/16th drill bit i used that i put four holes in my rims
ENZLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENZLOW View Post
mine started out as a rtr now the axles and drivedhafts are the only thing that came from the rtr....i have the novak 55 its good but if u want more wheel speed get a 3cell lipo its not fast its just a lilttle more grunt with the 3 cell thats if u wana go lipo oh and i would drill lil holes in ur rims to let the air in an out but nothin big like use a 1/16th drill bit i used that i put four holes in my rims
yeah it seems a little fast so im gunna change the gears. i bought my links yesterday and all that but the integy steering links the stock screws were too big... so i gotta get the right size for them ... and i forgot to get the rod ends and such for my susp. links lol... im also going to get new upper links.

i cut my body last night so the tires dont hit anymore.
but i do need to drill holes or something.. im a lil torn on it right now cuz ive seen people say it lets too much air out and ive seen people say dont crawl with out them drilled... so idk what im going to do about that.

where in so-cal r u from?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Don't forget about some after market beadlocks

Mayhem Eng.
Mayhem Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

sence you got the RTR and already have a new motor and tires and getting the plastic links changed out. The next thing you should upgrade is the shocks. I would go with either Traxxas big bores or Losi crawler shocks. Also invest in delrin skid that moves the links to the inside of the chassis. Other than that you should be good for a while. Once you get some wheelin time in you can go further with it IE: new esc with drag break, nice 3 ch FM or specktrum radio, Dig. Have fun with it!
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote