Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: >>>>"Cobalt Crawler 5 Chassis" Build<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:14 AM   #1
Who's your Daddy-0!

Thumbs up >>>>"Cobalt Crawler 5 Chassis" Build<<<<

Raptorman sent me one of his new chassis the "Cobalt Crawler 5" built for us guys that like the big Pullers! I'm one of those guys! There are several different locations for adjustment for squat and anti-squat. There are a ton of shock locations so you can run a slew of different shocks as well! I will be running a HH 7T Puller in mine and there is plenty of room to run a DNA dig (I will put mine on tomorrow, 6am builds and I forget the little things) The top of the chassis comes with 2 plates for mounting your electronics to keep everything clean. Each plate can be moved front or back as he added extra holes in the plates and on the chassis to move them. The tranny plate is very nice and pre cut to run you links inside. He pre drilled mine for a Axial trans, that's what I'm running. I mounted up the tranny and the 7T and was shocked how much room I had left Finaly a chassis we can fit a puller in with a dig and still have room yet keep the chassis small. I got the lower links on and the front shocks mounted. Then onto the upper links. Man this chassis has a TON of adjustment points I have the front axle on now and I'm done for the night guys.....it's 7am and I'm drained! Stay tuned, I should have this done in the next 2 days. So far I'm very happy with the layout and options of this chassisMore to come.......
Attached Images

TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2008, 05:17 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I wqas waiting for your build. I've always liked that chassis. Looks different from anything ever done..I'm guessing DNA dig unit fits no problem?
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:24 AM   #3
Who's your Daddy-0!

Oh yea, there is more than enough room for a dig I'll have one on tomorrow and get's some picts up for ya. I'm just so tired to even start that tonight. But it will fit I promise Oh, and I will have to pull that tranny, the DNA dig will not fit on the aluminum tranny housing that I have on there now.....I have plenty of "Normal" Axial's laying around so it's no biggie.....

Last edited by TattooKenny; 12-04-2008 at 05:26 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:25 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Oh yea, there is more than enough room for a dig I'll have one on tomorrow and get's some picts up for ya. I'm just so tired to even start that tonight. But it will fit I promise
You do know it's early in the morning right... Geez do you ever sleep
Old 12-04-2008, 05:26 AM   #5
MODERHATER™

Great build Kenny! I will be posting pics of mine with a VF dig as soon as I find my camera.

This chassis does work!! Probably one of the beefiest chassis I have had my destructive hands on!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:27 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Great build Kenny! I will be posting pics of mine with a VF dig as soon as I find my camera.

This chassis does work!! Probably one of the beefiest chassis I have had my destructive hands on!
If you can't break it.. It's pure BEEF
Old 12-04-2008, 05:29 AM   #7
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
You do know it's early in the morning right... Geez do you ever sleep
NO! I might miss a sale on here

Quote:

Yea I just spaced putting mine on till I had already started.....It will be there tomorrow Yea, I don't think we will be hurting this chassis to easy This chassis is "Bush League"!
Old 12-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #8
MODERATOR™

Kendog, why'd you put the red links in the chassis hole so high up?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #9
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Kendog, why'd you put the red links in the chassis hole so high up?
7am in the morning 11 holes and I was looking at the axle angle instead of the chassis........I'll change it tonight when I put the dig on
Old 12-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #10
MODERATOR™

Quote:
7am in the morning
Shiiiit, I just clocked in at work!
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
Who's your Daddy-0!

Yea.....4 now and I'm going into work Perks of owning your own place
Old 12-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

NICE
celicaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #13
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

Looks nice Do the screws come with it ... Thanks
The Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:51 PM   #14
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
Looks nice Do the screws come with it ... Thanks
You get screws for the tranny plate and upper plates. See my first pict and that is everything that it comes with it minus the tranny you see in the pict
Old 12-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #15
TEAM MODERATOR

WOW! Nice build thread Kenny. I'm glad you like it. Hope it works well for ya. I'm very pleased with mine....kinda biased though. I did a ton of testing with different length uppers and squat/anti squat set ups. I can see certain benefits to several different set ups,so I tried to set this up so the driver can decide what he wants. I know guys run anywhere from itty bitty Revo shocks to 5" buggy shocks. Wanted lots of options there as well. Honestly,I never tried to mount up Revo shocks as I didn't have any on hand when I drew this up or did my testing. I'd like to see if they could be made to work though. I'd bet it'd definitely be a belly dragger though

One thing I've done,is mount the upper plates in the holes your red uppers are in now. Drops the electronics down some. I've also tried mounting everything upside down,under the plates. Both ways work well for dropping weight lower. You may have noticed,the plates and skid are the same width as factory Axial uppers are. Those make great braces if you feel you need a bit more.

Can't wait to see what you can do with this.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:19 PM   #16
MODERHATER™

Quote:
NO! I might miss a sale on here!!
I can fix that for you.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #17
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
I can fix that for you.
You might have a lot of angry sellers on your hands Just got the new dig put on, just got to pull the other trans and puller out and get this one in......fun, fun....I'll have picts before the night is out to show everyone that the dig fit's just fine
Old 12-05-2008, 01:24 AM   #18
Who's your Daddy-0!

Ok boy's and girls, Here are the picts of a DNA dig with servo mount and 7T HH Puller mounted. I also dropped the upper plates down to lower the COG a bit. But as you can see there is a ton of room to get the dig and puller in there yet still keeping the chassis narrow More to come later.....
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2008, 03:20 AM   #19
Who's your Daddy-0!

Ok, we have a roller.....I still have a bit of adjustment to do but it's getting there It's after 5am so I'm going to call it quits for the night.....be back with more soon
Attached Images