Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Suspension clearance issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Suspension clearance issues

i got my first crawler yesterday, and I spent close to 3 hours getting it ready. but one of the odd things i found was the lower links contacted the spring keeper on my rtr while the suspension was compressed. I was just wondering if there are any other binding points i need to know of that I haven't found?
I trimmed the body and all that other junk already too.

unloaded suspension:

Loaded suspension:

Sorry for the fuzzy pics.

Last edited by theslowguy; 12-27-2008 at 11:23 AM.
theslowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #2

With the shock mounted on the inside and the link on the out side it shouldn't bind, that looks like alot of material you cut out of an allready weak piece.
Smewhtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

If you remove the plastic shock bottom on the bottom of the shock shaft, place a shim 1.5mm+ on the shock shaft and re-install the shock bottom, it will raise the lower spring cup so you don't need to dremel anything. Just raise the upper spring collar an equal amount to the shim size you use on the shock shaft to keep the preload the same.
Jesse Robbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Hope you're planning on upgrading to alum/delrin links pretty soon 'cuz those plastic links are 'bout ready to snap
fordmike65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:49 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Oh yah im gonna replace them with aluminum units as soon as possible. As for them being real weak? I dunno.They flexed a little more but that actually helps because the ball ends max out before the suspension does. I also changed out the stock springs for e-maxx springs and keepers just to play arround and that helped with flex alot too. Since I took it out of the box Ive almost doubled the flex when you just pick up one tire and not touch the rest of the truck. But yah those links do scare me a bit.

A flex pic::-P Thanks for all the helpful tips! If you guys got any more the keep em' comin!
theslowguy is offline   Reply With Quote