Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Another new Scorpion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Another new Scorpion

Here's a few pics of my new Axial Scorpion, just got the battery pack in the mail today, so I'm gonna go run this thing. Finally!!!

It's mostly stock, I'm running the Axial, alumium rear lock outs and straight axles, STRC aluminum shock bodies, STRC aluminum body posts, Novak Rooster Crawler w/ Novak Fifty-Five motor, Maxamps 2000 mah, 2s mini lipo pack, Spektrum DX2.0 radio, Hitec 645MG servo w/ aluminum arm.

HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2008, 01:17 PM   #2

looks good i wish the rtr came with that body!!
noavg55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:25 PM   #3

Nice build. I like the alum. shox bodies. One thing that will help a ton, is to move all electronics as low as you can. It's to top heavy. Move the battery on to the axle. Trust me you will get sick of it falling on it's lid because of the weight. Enjoy and welcome to your new addiction.
DHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Default !!!

Ahh the new truck feeling.Looks good-Nice Job!!!
RiderZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Thanks for all the great compliments! There is nothing like a bran spankin new truck! I weighted the wheels, so it performed pretty good this afternoon, even with the electronics up high and the battery. The little lipo pack does'nt weigh hardly anything so I think it will work out for me ok for now. I don't think I'll be doing any competeing, just fun for now.

I love the body that came with this kit, I love the old Power Wagons ( I had a 1:1 '53 pretty close to the same color!) This body comes real close to the 'ol Wagon.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:47 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Took my new rig out for a few test runs, eveything goes great with this truck, even with the small pack and electronics mounted up on top. Looks like I'll have to trim the body a little, the tires hit in the rear alot. This thing also has some serious torque twist when driving it.