Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Please help - Ongoing problems with ESC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #1

Default Please help - Ongoing problems with ESC

LED light blinking red and green on the electronic speed control. The ESC will not re-set itself. You can turn the steering, but you can't drive it.

I got the Axial Scorpion for Christmas, right out of the box, it was doing this. The day after Christmas, I returned the item to my local Hobbytown USA. After heated arguement, they replaced it with a new one. I have used it maybe a total of one hour over the last week and a half, and now this one is doing the same thing.

I unplugged some wires moving the battery and stuff around for weight distribution. One local hobby shop said I may need to re-program the remote with the ESC or receiver now since I unplugged it. However, I can not find anyone that knows how to do that. Any suggesstions?

Axial's customer service is a joke, they decided to close early today at 11am without returning any phone calls. They will not be back until Monday, hopefully. They only have one customer service guy, which is who went home early today without doing his job. If anyone can help, or has the contact information for a better service center than Axial's - please let me know right away. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
JONG208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #2

I had the same problem with mine, 24 hours after bringing it home, Your transmitter (controller) is spent.

It got twitchie, and the wheels would go full right.

Then, it would steer, but no forward or reverse. Tried everything with no solutions.

I switched crystals....no good.

I switched batteries...no good.

I switched controllers and used my old crystals.... wah-la.

I run a TQ3 controller now and everything else is the same. It's a little more user friendly as well, regarding control and sensitivity.

Last edited by GrumpyLumpy; 01-09-2009 at 03:28 PM.
GrumpyLumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
RCC Addict

try reversing the connection between the esc and reciever, meaning:

instead of the wires on the connector to the rx going -black red white (from the left to right), try plugging it in as white red black (again starting from the left)

or vice versa

white red black to black red white

im pretty sure this will fix ur problem

let us know how it goes

also make sure the steering servo wire match w/ the esc wires

Last edited by NeXt559; 01-09-2009 at 04:01 PM.
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #4

transmiter!! i was having problems as well. 1st thing i did was swap transmiters, no problems since.
motorhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #5

Thank you all so much for trying so promptly to help me. I have only had this thing about 10 days, but there has been so much snow on the ground here I haven't found anywhere to play with it. So, when the weather cleared up today, I was so excited to take it out to play with it. So, I am seriously bummed to not get to.

I have a remote control Revo and a Aquacraft boat. I tried all of the electronics (transmitter, servo, everything) from both of them and still am not able to steer.

NeXt559, I also tried this, thanks so much for the suggesstion, and this didn't work either. I have spent nearly the entire day doing everything I can think of to get this thing running, and nothing has worked. I am at my wits end with this thing. I am thinking maybe the ESC itself is bad. I will see what Axial has to say Monday, hopefully they can help me. In the mean time, if anyone has any other suggestions over the next couple days, I am open to anything that might help. Thanks everyone!
JONG208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONG208 View Post
I have a remote control Revo and a Aquacraft boat. I tried all of the electronics (transmitter, servo, everything) from both of them and still am not able to steer.
Sounds like the ECS.
GrumpyLumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #7
RCC Addict

looks like a perfect time to upgrade
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #8
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONG208 View Post
Thank you all so much for trying so promptly to help me. I have only had this thing about 10 days, but there has been so much snow on the ground here I haven't found anywhere to play with it. So, when the weather cleared up today, I was so excited to take it out to play with it. So, I am seriously bummed to not get to.

NeXt559, I also tried this, thanks so much for the suggesstion, and this didn't work either. I have spent nearly the entire day doing everything I can think of to get this thing running, and nothing has worked. I am at my wits end with this thing. I am thinking maybe the ESC itself is bad. I will see what Axial has to say Monday, hopefully they can help me. In the mean time, if anyone has any other suggestions over the next couple days, I am open to anything that might help. Thanks everyone!
What Ax10 did you get? The RTR? do you have the recipt? I would wait until you hear from Axial before you spend any money on new parts. Also if you have the recipt and its under 30 days I would take it back to the store and ask for a manager and get a exchange for a new one.

I have the RTR and I do not have these problems. I did notice the TX is junky and started to glich. I just swaped crystals into a old TX I had and the problem went away. I also just upgraded to the Novak ESC Motor Combo. So you might want to consider doing that.
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #9

Default Novak goat

I upgraded to the Novak goat esc/motor combo and have had no problems at all. I love the goat system.
jaymojaims is offline   Reply With Quote