Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Shock Help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default Shock Help please

The stock Axial shocks are 4.5 inches and my AX10 sits at about 3 inches. I want to lower it by at least 1/2" to 1" what shocks would be best? I see a lot of people advise to get the Losi but I am having a hard time finding them online and any information as to how long they are. Also the intergy shocks but how long are these as well ? and do these shocks mount up with out any moding? Should I go with fuel tubing and just keep my stock shocks? I also want to be able to mount them in the 3rd mounting hole. I have the RTR with many upgrades. Thanks

Please provide links thanks!
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #2

I work at a LHS and we can't keep the LOSI Crawler Shocks in stock. They are 4" long and you need to order another Losi part LOSA6044 to make them longer. They are far too short if you just mount them up to your axial setup. The Losi part 6044 are longer rod ends that make the shock the perfect length. The INTEGY shocks have a supposed TINI (Titanium Nitride) coating on them that rubs off after a week or two. I would stay away from anything but the Losi. They are AWESOME, and sooo smooth. You need to mount the top using fuel tubing that is supplied with the shock when you buy them. Just cut about a half inch of fuel tubing for each shock. Some people mount them upside down to keep the weight low, I don't personally like it because they work differently. When a shock is updside down the air in the shock moves to the top where the shock piston is and it makes them work funny. I have tried both way and like them right side up. If you read enough posts you will see that the LOSI shocks are the best bar far. Order them from www.HobbyAction.com, we always have them in stock and we match or beat any price. GOOD LUCK and have fun....
J-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Shorten the height of your stock shocks by putting a spacer inside.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #4

I run internal springs in the stock shocks. They have worked flawlessly and you can experament with spring rates. I found an amazing assortment of springs at my local Ace Hardware. Just take your shock off, remove the external spring and go down to the hardware store to look around.
Check it out here
Yet another ax10 but with a 37 ford twist

Last edited by General Sherman; 01-11-2009 at 12:18 PM.
General Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #5

or here are some pics

Last edited by General Sherman; 01-11-2009 at 12:24 PM.
General Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote