Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: suspension problem shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #1

Default suspension problem shocks

I have a Axial AX-10 and i am still using my stock shocks and springs and i am using 40 wt oil.Now my question is when i try to climb something one of the rear wheels comes off the ground and will not lay back down by itself can someone give me a suggestion about what to do with a set up and sometimes the front wheel does it too when i try to climb up something on a angleas soon as one of the front tires touches the object the other tire wants to come up also evertime i see a video one tire is up on something and the other tires still make contact on the ground what should i do.. Oh a friend on mine gave me a set of those Integy shocks with the internal springs but the stiff is way to stiff and the softs are way to soft any suggestions on what oil to use and how much oil should i put in them and also how the heck do i bleed them.. if i decide to use them or should i just get rid of them..
desertfox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Thats torque twist, try a 4-link. i have only heard bad things about the integy shocks. if u use them then only fill them a little lower than the brim of the shock body and u can get some internal shocks from the hardware store. experiment with the oil to see whats best for u. hope that helps!
ax10alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #3

Default suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax10alex View Post
Thats torque twist, try a 4-link. i have only heard bad things about the integy shocks. if u use them then only fill them a little lower than the brim of the shock body and u can get some internal shocks from the hardware store. experiment with the oil to see whats best for u. hope that helps!
I have a four link set up front and rear i purchased those from the crawler store. Its when i am already on the surface like a curb on a slight angle one of the rear tires comes off the ground a little . I seen a smal vid of a axial ax-10 climb on a curb on a slight angle and the other 3 tires stay planted on the ground
Old 01-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

If you are running an rtr then the springs you have are too stiff and thats inhibiting your flex. Try some softer springs and some heavier shock oil to stabilize the truck. Im running axial reds it the front and axial greens in the rear, and 60wt shock oil. The truck will have a little torque twist but thats what the shock oil is for and you can also put a little more preload on your rear driverside spring to help combat torque twist also.
theslowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
Custom Carbon Fiber

any chance the an upper link is catching the shock spring on articulation and hanging the spring up on it?

i dont know much about sprung but it sounds like maybe the weight is to much. maybe stock valving is too small to let the shock rebound at a reasonable rate.

the shock compress's but upon needing to unload the oil is to thick to let the piston/shaft back out.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #6

Default suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax10alex View Post
I tried the springs that came with them and then i put like 30 wt shock oil in them and i didnt fill them all the way it was lower than the brim and when i tried to put it back together they wouldnt screw all the way down cause of the oil and then i took more out then is screwed back in and then when i installed them on the crawler i pushed it down and it didnt want to come back up all they way and i had to pull it upthe rest of the way almost a 1/4 in or so..thanks to everyone for all the advice
Old 01-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowguy View Post
If you are running an rtr then the springs you have are too stiff and thats inhibiting your flex. Try some softer springs and some heavier shock oil to stabilize the truck. Im running axial reds it the front and axial greens in the rear, and 60wt shock oil. The truck will have a little torque twist but thats what the shock oil is for and you can also put a little more preload on your rear driverside spring to help combat torque twist also.
I am not running a rtr i am running a AXIAL AX-10 it was a ARTR then i put a novak rooster esc and a novak 55t motor and some other goodies also i have the battery mounted on the front axles. I have over 700.00 invested and still using the stock shocks and springs with 40 wt oil
Old 01-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
any chance the an upper link is catching the shock spring on articulation and hanging the spring up on it?

i dont know much about sprung but it sounds like maybe the weight is to much. maybe stock valving is too small to let the shock rebound at a reasonable rate.

the shock compress's but upon needing to unload the oil is to thick to let the piston/shaft back out.
I dont see it hanging up anywhere also i still have the limiters in the shocks with the stock springs and 40 wt oil