Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Ax10 ARTR or kit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #1

Default Ax10 ARTR or kit?

I am VERY new to crawling and dont have a lot of expierence with RC . Wich do you think I should get? I would like to make it more into a scale looking rig and was wondering if the x trail or whatever its called could be used on both the ARTR or just the kit or what and my internet isn`t letting me go to the crawler store to find out
any advice would be great.
farmkid4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

It doesn't matter which one you buy because the x trail chassis is compatible with the AX10. All your doing is replacing the TVP chassis with the x trail chassis. Everything on the AX10 just bolts up to the x trail. My suggestion is just buy the kit version because you have to assemble it anyway & get the x trail chassis @ the same time so you can just swap everything to the x trail. The ARTR is fully assembled already but it doesn't come with electronics. It's good as a comp ready rig.
dR. hOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I would also suggest the kit. It will get you more familliar with your rig and a better understanding of how it works
bighitbomber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I got an artr and i think its the cats ass, cant say anything about the kit, don't have one. I think that stock body is UGLY
Ryan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

i would get the ARTR becuase it will be faster to get ur rig running and its orange! also has 2 bent links
rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Go with the ARTR it has a lot better tiers and rear lock out's. Here's what I did with mine.
You must learn to crawl before you walk.

But then I will be crawling with mine.
Creepy Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

get the kit. good experience on the build. will help you get a handle on how it all works and make repairs/mods later.
robsdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

if you are going for a scale look you should go for ARTR or the RTR because it already has the straight rear axle, aka lock outs...... the KIT comes with all the metal hardware wich is a plus.... now if you dont have alot of money i would buy the RTR because it has all the ectronics...
BEAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

If you want to a scaler how about the new axial sxc10 kit? http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/scx10/
Positronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:03 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I am just a few months into RC and crawling. The thought of building a kit from an instruction book really freaked me out. But I got the RTR, tore it apart, and rebuilt it. It was fun and un-building it first made it easy to put back together. Since then, I've put $500 or so into it, and its quite different from the original.

Of the three Axial options you have, I recommend the ARTR. It has the most capable configuration out of the box.
J.DUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:54 AM   #11

I wont be getting the new Ax10 that comes out this year to pricey.

I am going to go with the kit or the ARTR but its a hard choice they both have good things but the kit is cheaper. Where i live we have about a foot of snow so getting it ready isn`t to big of a deal so i might go woth the kit.

Last edited by farmkid4; 01-18-2009 at 06:59 AM.
farmkid4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:59 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Check out http://www.rcplanet.com/ they have the both only like a $10 dif. If you deal with them talk to todd he knows his sh!t and will be able to help you with every thing. There service kicks @ss.
Creepy Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote