Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Intermittened Glitches. HELP !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Intermittened Glitches. HELP !

Good sunday to all ! I ve developed a glitching in the electronics that happens intermittenly. I cannot tell if it is due to the antenna being short ? I've seen quite a few here that are short . So, I don't feel it is the cause. Could it be in the radio crystals ? I am running the stock radio and receiver. I used looming to route the wiring from the esc and radio together. Could that be the cause ? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all !
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

How short is the antenna? Could be crystals. Could also be the wires running together. Try seperating the wires and see if that helps. Also if you have another set of crystals change them too. One other thing, what kind of Radio do you have?
wildcardco1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

did you cut the stock antenna cuz i heard if you mess with the length of the stock one it can cause problems
mac67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Did the glitch start after you cut the antenna? The RX antenna on a standard radio ie 75 or 27 mHz is tuned to a length(18-22 inch +- ). Most of the antenie you are seeing are DSM (spektrum ) RX's , which are only 3 to 6 inch long. Hope that helps.
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
RCC Addict

The antenna lead is still the o.e. length. I only shortened the housing the lead goes through and then wrapped around the outside. By the way the radio and receiver is stock w/ the rtr unit.

Thank you for your responses. I hope we can come up with the cause without replacing parts.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

The antenna is only as effective as how much area the antenna surface is open to receiving signals. If you have it wrapped in a four inch circle, its only as good as having a four inch antenna. Try unwrapping the antenna and returning it to its original straight configuration. See if that helps the interference. Also, the proximity of the antenna to a high energy source will mess with the signal. Make sure your receiver is a good distance away from the motor, battery, or power wires. Same goes for the antenna. If your antenna is running next to battery wires or motor wires, its going to screw your signal up. I hope this was helpful.
tom tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
By the way the radio and receiver is stock w/ the rtr unit.
The best thing to do is, as soon as you can afford it is upgrade to a better radio, I have heard nothing but bad about the stock Axial radio. You should look for an FM, or even better than that is a DSM radio but they are a little more pricey.
wildcardco1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

my truck had glitches to and i thought it was the am tx/rx i was using then i r2 my servo and no more glitches. i hope this helps

jake
evad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcardco1998 View Post
The best thing to do is, as soon as you can afford it is upgrade to a better radio, I have heard nothing but bad about the stock Axial radio. You should look for an FM, or even better than that is a DSM radio but they are a little more pricey.
X2. I had some glitching problems and went with a Spektrum DX2.0. No problems at all now. The stock electronics are not very good.
ebbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #10
TSK
Shelf queen

As far as I know iyour radio system will work besst if the antenna is not coiled/wrapped/etc around itself. If you use a loom to shorten the overall length, be sure that it is loosely so that the antenna does not bind up on itself. Be sure that your transmitter batteries are relatively fresh and yours transmitters antenna is fully screwed in and extended. The environment you run your rig in will also affect the signal strength. If there is alot of radio/ electrical intereference it will cause glithing, which is why alot of people swith to 2.4 ghz radip systems. Do you have capacitors on your motor? Is the esc extremely close to the reciever?

All these things need to be considered.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #11

I just went Spektrum off the start and it really seemed to keep the glitching to a minimum.
Unknown303 is offline   Reply With Quote