Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ax10 shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default ax10 shocks

I want some new shocks for my artr scorpion. Suggestions?
I am looking at the integy or venom, anybody using anything else? or something of another model?

Thanks!
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I never personally used any integy or venom shocks before but have been told on many ocasions that the integy shocks are junk and you have to be careful with venom because their quality is so so. I am using E/T-maxx shock with great success. The only down side to these shock is that the top cap doesnt use a ball swivel so you have to cut a small length of fuel tube in to substitute.
theslowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Integy is good (going to get flammed for that one) and venom never really looked at them, let be the first of many to say losi is another good shock. Integy has a sale right now on many axial parts so these shocks for $10 wont be bad, and for the price of lets say losi's you can save some dough or buy 6 sets and have a bunch of spares. Integy and losi shocks are the only shocks i have experence with and they are both good, but the losi's are pretty crappy for $60, the integy has had absolutly no problems, tmaxx shocks also work good.

Last edited by paintballer9876; 01-25-2009 at 05:24 PM.
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer9876 View Post
Integy is good (going to get flammed for that one) and venom never really looked at them, let be the first of many to say losi is another good shock. Integy has a sale right now on many axial parts so these shocks for $10 wont be bad, and for the price of lets say losi's you can save some dough or buy 6 sets and have a bunch of spares. Integy and losi shocks are the only shocks i have experence with and they are both good, but the losi's are pretty crappy for $60, the integy has had absolutly no problems, tmaxx shocks also work good.
I picked up a set of (4) integy shocks for $21.00! for that much $ they are worth a try IMO. I have also used the evader threaded alum. shocks on alot of my other stuff, (stampede, rustler, Maxxs', etc) but I think they would be a tad short for the scorp. & tower is out of them anyway. I always had problems with the shock caps coming off of the Traxxas shocks, the alum caps do fix that though. But I just put Evader shocks on my Traxxas stuff-you can get them in blue,purple,natural or hard anodized colors too, plus they are threaded so no preload clips!
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote