Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: swx shocks and springs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default swx shocks and springs.

hey im running a swx chasis right now with stock axial shocks and softer springs up front and stock grey springs in the back what are good combos for the swx? im just tryign to fine tune this beast and get the most bang for my buck.
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

your going to either get zero people to post up , or your going to get half a million guys to tell you to get the losi crawler shocks.

do a search for losi crawler shocks on the forums and see if they are right for you. there are many threads about this in the AX-10 section alone.

happy searching
BuzzKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
tjb
Rock Crawler

Or better yet, look at BENDER's set up.........

I would say that would be a good start
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

ive actually been searching for a while. i figured id be goign to the losi shocks but i was tryign to see if theres a better alternative. or what springs work well with the axial shocks. my shocks are in good workign order nothing leaking and ive limited the travel a bit so im not pulling to much articulation but im lost of which springs work the best in this case. or what shocks and springs would work better and not cost me as much as a new set of beadlocks lol.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkuup5150 View Post
ive actually been searching for a while. i figured id be goign to the losi shocks but i was tryign to see if theres a better alternative. or what springs work well with the axial shocks. my shocks are in good workign order nothing leaking and ive limited the travel a bit so im not pulling to much articulation but im lost of which springs work the best in this case. or what shocks and springs would work better and not cost me as much as a new set of beadlocks lol.
there is no bullet proof setup. if your shocks arent leaking, then i wouldnt spend the money on new ones. mess around with a combination of springs, shock oil, & shock pistons, to suit your driving style.

if you were to get the losi shocks, you would have to play around with all that anyways, so what would be the point of replacing shocks, if there is nothing wrong with them.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

thats exactly what i was thinking. but unfortunatly my lhs doesnt have any parts for the axial and im not certian which springs to get i guess ill keep looking online then and hopefully come up with an answer.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

change your shock oil, ude be surprised as to how much it would change the feel of the truck. ir try a droop setup with internal springs. thats what i got, and i like the feel of it. i also put some heavier shock oil, cant remember what exactly.

your LHS should have shock oil. maybe even take in the stock springs, maybe they can match up the size with a shock from a different kit. tinker with , untill the truck moves the way you want it to.

and yes, Benders build does have some good info in it. its worth the read.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

i based my rig mostly on his and did a few things on my own. right now with what i have im running 30wt all the way around except for 80 in the rear left shock to prevent torque twist. ive got it 4linked and it seems to work great im just worried it still to stiff and io guess i just need more driving time to figure that out. and i have tried droop with internal springs and i didnt liek it at all. was predictible enough for me esp on my edge chasis i was runnign it with. i guess i just have more tinkering to do with it.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

maybe your just to eager like me. but yeah, your on the right track. some link geomitry might help ya out if you havent gone into that yet. i havent done to much to mine yet, but there are some good threads that can get ya goin. shock setup can onnly do so much.

Last edited by BuzzKilla; 01-26-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

hahaha agreed. i dont think i have much problem with link geomitry i have mine set up just like benders and the only thing id liek to chaneg woudl be to put bent links on it in the rear eventually. but that will come later. hopefully i get to go run after work finally no more rain!