Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ARTR q's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default ARTR q's

ok im looking to get a crawler ive been looking at the creeper or the axial artr... which one would be better for someone like me ( no build experiance) im just looking at something to just throw a battery in and go play with it not into comps yet. im trying to stay within a failry low budget but just dont know how to go about it
nwnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Axial
mac67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

ok i have a friend thats selling one minus a few things for $450 its got bent links f/r losi rock crawls on stock wheels,mamba max speed controler, hitec 5955 33 oz/in. servo and an integy trans plate as well... is this a good deal? thats everything that comes with it what would i need to make this run? he said a reciever and a battery with a deans connector?? is all ill need but what type of cheap controler would work with this setup?
thanks for the help i dont know alot about the crawling world ive been out of rc's for a while and figured id get back in with a crawler

Last edited by nwnewbie; 01-27-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

you could get a new one for that price. I would look around a little there are a lot of better deals out there. As far as a controller i would recomend getting something of the 2.4ghz variety you will not be dissapointed.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac67 View Post
you could get a new one for that price.
Not with everything that is included in that deal. The MM and 5955 add another $250 to the price of the ARTR. (BTW, the 5955 has 333 oz-in of torque...). I'd say that is a good deal. To get it running, you'd need the Rx and battery like he said, including a transmitter and a battery charger. The price of those items just depends on how much you are wanting to spend. They can be cheap or pricey...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:04 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Default the venom

the venom has more of the new stuff and has the dig already.... but i would waite for the losi...... i own 2 axial's and im going to sell one to buy a losi when it comes out
BEAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac67 View Post
you could get a new one for that price. I would look around a little there are a lot of better deals out there. As far as a controller i would recomend getting something of the 2.4ghz variety you will not be dissapointed.
his isnt an artr it started as a kit that he built sry for the confusion there but im not looking for dig or anything special just what it has on it already. so should i jump on this deal or just build one on my own? im just looking for cheap price and ease of running ( no build time mainly)
Old 01-27-2009, 01:30 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Not with everything that is included in that deal. The MM and 5955 add another $250 to the price of the ARTR. (BTW, the 5955 has 333 oz-in of torque...). I'd say that is a good deal. To get it running, you'd need the Rx and battery like he said, including a transmitter and a battery charger. The price of those items just depends on how much you are wanting to spend. They can be cheap or pricey...
I was just trying to say that you can get a rtr for 220 + s/h off ebay which is more than $200 cheaper for someone trying to stay on a budget. Its new you know were its been and gives you the chance to mod your own ride as your skills improve. just my 2 cents
Old 01-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

It goes like this the rtr will cost you more in the long run, the plastic links, mainly the lower ones will not last, so it will be $60-$70 to upgrade to metal links. Then you have a battery at $20, the speed control has no drag brake, and the motor is a little fast. So $110 for a novak speed control and motor, and then you have tires they are different in price so i will go with a whole number of $20 a pair or $40 for a set. Also to get the same servo it will run you about $110 so $570 for the set (saying that the crawler is $220). For $450 you get a set up crawler and throw in a decent radio, and battery. A decent 3 channel fm controller is $100 so at the same price for the rtr you have a better speed control, an aluminum skid plate and a much better controller.
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

thats the answer i was looking for thank you very much i guess i jsut needed some one to point it out to me in terms like that so about the same price but a better rig overall!! you rock guys knew i joined here for a reason
Old 01-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #11

AX10 all the way the creeper has had some problems with the kit and the trans is just plain bulky.
nylintmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote