Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: DNA dig install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default DNA dig install

Any tips for installing this dig? Do I need to polish anything or change anything? Do I need to grease it?
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Any tips for installing this dig? Do I need to polish anything or change anything? Do I need to grease it?
Check this link:
http://www.dna-rc.com/main.html
& this link:
VF/DNA/BWD Dig Unit - How to set your EPA's
& yes use a white lith. grease to lube it & use new drive shaft's.
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
TSK
Shelf queen

I suggest that you do not over-tighten the three screws that secure the two new diff outdrives together. Over-tightening them will cause the machined screw pockets to fail. If the outputs do not fit into the diff gear easily and sit flush you should either lightly sand the circumference of the outdrive so that it slides easily into the diff gear like the stock one does.

Also after the whole trans and dig are assembled together, spin it by hand. If there is a bind or tight spot in it's rotation, then you need to loosen the trans/dig case screws a little until it spins freely. You may want to play with this a bit to make sure it' a tight as possible without causing bind.

Those seem to be the two issues that the VF instructions don't cover, but make a huge impact on the performance of their product.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I wold follow the instruction from the link posted. I use silicone paste on the inside of mine. I have one from the first batch and havent had any issues with any parts yet. I am still on my first mini servo also. Just take the time to make sure it is free moving and your linkage is set-up at a good angle so it doesnt bind. Oh dont forget to set your end points. this is key to not burning up your servo.
Scottish is offline   Reply With Quote