Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: body posts question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default body posts question

ok so i have an ARTR and i wanna put my body post on top of my can so they dont get caught up on anything. can anyone give me instructions or tips to show me how i would do that?
rcracer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

It's not that difficult. You just find a place to mount them, drill some holes in the chassis or cross braces and insert the screws. Then make new holes in your body...

If you post up a picture of your truck (body off), it will be easier for folks to recommend spots to place the posts.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Just use stock E-Maxx body posts, bolt them to your chassis right behind where the top of the shocks get mounted.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

well the chassis plates are obviously vertical so how would i screw in the posts in vertically? theres no where flat and horizontal to make holes for the posts
Old 02-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

well..you know the screws that hold the battery plate down?

replace them with 3mm screws that are about 25mm or so long but screw them through the plastic piece between the chassis braces going upwards so that you end up placing the battery tray over the screws on each end...then screw the factory body post onto the screw...viola...the body posts hold the battery tray down and provide body mounting...

not sure if that helps your case...but it worked for me until i swapped to the SWX

oh...that reminds me...on my SWX i went to the local hardware store and picked up some plastic wire clamps or you can get metal ones with rubber insulation and put them around the chassis braces (orange cross braces on the ARTR) and then use whatever you like as a post through the hole in the clamp...look here for a pic...

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/DSC00798.jpg
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/DSC00799.jpg

Last edited by ittybitty; 02-11-2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: more info...
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

i took off my battery plate but i still have the battey plate holder things on there so that should work
Old 02-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
well..you know the screws that hold the battery plate down?

replace them with 3mm screws that are about 25mm or so long but screw them through the plastic piece between the chassis braces going upwards so that you end up placing the battery tray over the screws on each end...then screw the factory body post onto the screw...viola...the body posts hold the battery tray down and provide body mounting...

not sure if that helps your case...but it worked for me until i swapped to the SWX

oh...that reminds me...on my SWX i went to the local hardware store and picked up some plastic wire clamps or you can get metal ones with rubber insulation and put them around the chassis braces (orange cross braces on the ARTR) and then use whatever you like as a post through the hole in the clamp...look here for a pic...

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/DSC00798.jpg
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/DSC00799.jpg
are those plastic wire clamps those things that have the plastic nuts on them to hold the body on instead of body clips?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Use these:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...FVSEARCH=4914r

Use the hole just forward of where the shock is mounted. The only trick is securing the bottom of the body post, a tie-wrap or drilling a hole in the chassis would solve this problem.

Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #9

I just drilled a 3mm hole right throug the green crossbar on the pic above and use the stock body post
racerx_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
RCC Addict

you could get rid of your body posts all together with this body mount set up that I use check it out http://www.eastendmachining.com/eemvebomosyf.html

Here is what mine looks like mounted with the system installed:

I can pick my crawler by the body with out it coming off.

Last edited by abadk9420; 02-11-2009 at 07:47 PM.
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Well if you dont want to buy the velcro mount you can do what i did and mount the battery tray holders on, and then through the body posts on by threading through the hole in the middle of the tray holders. If that makes any sence...
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

yeah youre right...theyre just nylon screws and nuts through the nylon clamps

and ill second paintballers comment about putting a screw through one of the other two holes in the batter tray holders (through the side of the chassis) so that you can basically move the body posts up as high on the sides of the body as physically possible on the chassis
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote