Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: VP High Steer Steering Knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default VP High Steer Steering Knuckles

These look nice!!!

VP High Steer Steering Knuckles

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159356

http://www.vanquishproducts.com/vp-h...-10-da710.html

Last edited by jimbiss; 02-14-2009 at 01:08 PM.
jimbiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

i dont think anyone has them yet. but i could be wrong.
im wondering if besides moving the arm up,and running bta, if there were any other benefits to these high steer arms.?

1.does having the arm on the pivot point give them more or less leverage to turn the tires. ?
2.does it change the ackerman angles?
3.better to have a longer arm like the vp's or a shorter one like ckrc?
yoda316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

The vp's look nice. I have the ckrc ones and there bta on the way though. If you do bta you would have to cut the vp ones anyway. They are way to nice lookin to cut imo.
ubbb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
Like a boss...

I've actually seen a few guys run the CKRC ones in the front. I didn't pay that close attention to it...but I believe they are putting the drag link on the second hole in the knuckle and the steering link below and mounting behind their steering arm.

So I think you could get creative to make them work...not sure how well though?

It would be nice to see VP post some pics of them mounted though...I think that would help.

Last edited by mann0mann; 02-15-2009 at 12:55 AM. Reason: flip/flopped tech
mann0mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Would love the black ones for my build!
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I like those VP knuckles and they look like they would work well with the stock Axial tie rod due to the longer arms and multi hole choice. Here are the CKRC knuckles in a set up I'm trying out ... so far it's good, no binding, a little more turning radius max's out the dog bones, CVD's would take it even further, just as strong as the standard set up... BTA would be even better, but I don't like to run all the battery weight to one side of the axle...just my preference.

Hope this helps..

Last edited by DORK VADER; 02-14-2009 at 03:38 PM.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORK VADER View Post
...BTA would be even better, but I don't like to run all the battery weight to one side of the axle...just my preference...
...Your comment got me thinking. I just ordered JetBoat's BTA kit, which places the servo (in my case, a HS-5645MG) on the drivers' side of the front axle. I normally run a 1500mah 7-cell split pack.

My servo weighs 2.11 oz according to Hitec.

Each Elite 1500 cell weighs about 0.81 oz (according to cheapbatterypacks.com), so, three 1500 cells weigh in at 2.43 oz, and four weigh in at 3.24 oz.

The servo and the 3-cell side are within 1/3 of an ounce of each other in weight, so if I put the 3-pack part as outboard as possible on the opposite side of the axle from the servo, and the 4-pack part as close to the middle as I can get it, I should be balanced left-to-right - moreso, in fact, than a central servo with the split pack on either side.

I also use a 3000mah 6-cell SC pack built from an old Venom stick, and I think if I tear that apart and rebuild it as a 1-cell/5-cell pack with the single on the axle and the 5-pack on the deck, it should balance too. Gives me a chance to fix my shitty solder joints, I guess.
Coldnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldnorth View Post
...Your comment got me thinking. I just ordered JetBoat's BTA kit, which places the servo (in my case, a HS-5645MG) on the drivers' side of the front axle. I normally run a 1500mah 7-cell split pack.

My servo weighs 2.11 oz according to Hitec.

Each Elite 1500 cell weighs about 0.81 oz (according to cheapbatterypacks.com), so, three 1500 cells weigh in at 2.43 oz, and four weigh in at 3.24 oz.

The servo and the 3-cell side are within 1/3 of an ounce of each other in weight, so if I put the 3-pack part as outboard as possible on the opposite side of the axle from the servo, and the 4-pack part as close to the middle as I can get it, I should be balanced left-to-right - moreso, in fact, than a central servo with the split pack on either side.

I also use a 3000mah 6-cell SC pack built from an old Venom stick, and I think if I tear that apart and rebuild it as a 1-cell/5-cell pack with the single on the axle and the 5-pack on the deck, it should balance too. Gives me a chance to fix my shitty solder joints, I guess.
Yeah you definitly need to try every set up you can in order to see what works for your rig and preference.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote