Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Axle c's wont stay tight!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
Just jump it!

Default Axle c's wont stay tight!

I have Strc aluminum c's and my jr 8711 will push them out to the point were i broke a pin in my MIP's while turning in dig mode! I have tried super glue and tightened the screws till half of them are stripped now. Any hints?
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Time for new axle halves...
ErichF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #3
Just jump it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichF View Post
Time for new axle halves...
Thanks never even thought of that!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

New axle halves maybe, and I'd say some different EPA adjustment if the servo is pushing them that far.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Are those the STRC Cs with the side to side adjuster slot like the stock ones? are the screws not keeping them from self adjusting?

Maybe get a set of Cs that don't have a slot just a hole. Every guy knows how things with slots are always causing trouble

Just a thought
crawlincircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I've had a set on backorder with Chris ever since the January NWARC comp. He said they will be in on this friday. If you need them for the comp then go ahead and get those. I need them too, but I don't think I need them as bad as you do. Just make sure that he orders some more for me.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I would suggest another brand as well... the slot in the STRC's is just retarded.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #8
Just jump it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
I would suggest another brand as well... the slot in the STRC's is just retarded.
Yes they have the slot in them. Gonna look for a different kind.
Cool deal ashton, i might not need them. I am fixing to sit down in the lab and work on them.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenbelly View Post
Yes they have the slot in them. Gonna look for a different kind.
Cool deal ashton, i might not need them. I am fixing to sit down in the lab and work on them.

cool. just let me know if you are going to need them
Old 03-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Just a suggestion but I am real happy with the RC4WD Cs, real beefy! and just a hole
Old 03-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

yeah, but RCPs are clockable
Old 03-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I have RCP's on my rig and they are as thight, if not tighter than the stock ones! I'd go with those for sure! WAY better quality that STRC's stuff!
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
Just jump it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
yeah, but RCPs are clockable
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAWLR4life View Post
I have RCP's on my rig and they are as thight, if not tighter than the stock ones! I'd go with those for sure! WAY better quality that STRC's stuff!
Looks like rcp it is. Hope they have them in stock.
Ashton i got them a little tighter. Enough to get thru saturday. Thanks for the offer!!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:10 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I had a set of Axial clockable Cs and I "clocked" them and I still don't get what that feature is for? it puts the axle at some weird angle that I could not see how it would work that way.

Could hell or anyone else please explain that to me?
Old 03-25-2009, 05:30 PM   #15
Just jump it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlincircles View Post
I had a set of Axial clockable Cs and I "clocked" them and I still don't get what that feature is for? it puts the axle at some weird angle that I could not see how it would work that way.

If you rotate your pinion to were it is in a straighter line, such as on a different chassis it will have your steering links closer to the ground. Kinda makes your knuckle arms point towards the ground.
The clockable ones let you move them back level so it turns good!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:

It's a Caster adjustment. You want the piviot in the top of the "c" to me toward the rear of the truck when viewing from the side left side like this. Bottom piviot forward.

top left side -------- top right side
-" / "front ------------ " \ "front
bottom forward ------ bottom forward

I have the Axial "c" and knuckles- Hope that helps Matt

Last edited by SDheavymetal; 03-25-2009 at 09:46 PM. Reason: tried to show anlges with / and \
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #17
RCC Addict

You could try counter sinking the the holes on the C's and using a counter sunk head screw so it can't slide in and out any more, and like stated before change your END POINTS on your radio so the servo doesn't push so far the it causes it to do what it's doing...
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

OK first off sorry for hijacking your thread rotten. This will be my last post on this subject.

I understand caster, and the regular Cs have caster built in to keep the drive shaft angle a little straighter to the trans and still keep the Cs vertical. Also small adjustments can be made with shortening or lengthening the upper links.

I am looking at my rig and wondering why you would need to clock them? everything is going in the direction it is supposed to.

Would this be for something extreme that I am not seeing like crazy high CG or that you would want your axle either flat or pointing down sharply?

Does anyone have a freaking picture
Old 03-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
OK first off sorry for hijacking your thread rotten. This will be my last post on this subject.

I understand caster, and the regular Cs have caster built in to keep the drive shaft angle a little straighter to the trans and still keep the Cs vertical. Also small adjustments can be made with shortening or lengthening the upper links.

I am looking at my rig and wondering why you would need to clock them? everything is going in the direction it is supposed to.

Would this be for something extreme that I am not seeing like crazy high CG or that you would want your axle either flat or pointing down sharply?

I have the axial Cs too and think they are really clocked backwards. To really be useful they should let ya clock the pinion up and keep some good caster. Maybe I got them on backwards but I think I tried them both ways with the same effect. They don't have the slot though, so they don't move around even with just set scwers in them.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:31 AM   #20
Just jump it!

Quote:

Dont worry about the jackin, heres some pics. I didnt really have any problems with angles till i started running aftermarket chassis's.
How im running now. I want to make my upper links longer to turn my pinion up so it wont hang up so much, but my steering will be pointed towards the ground!
Here is how it would look with some clockables.( stock knuckle used for comparasion.)
In this first picture you can see if i rotated the axle forward, with a clockable c i would effectivelly still have the same steering angle as before.

Hope that clears up some of it for ya!