Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: battery setups with edge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #1

Default battery setups with edge

im purchasing an edge chassis and want to switch to axle mounted packs who is running what and why? also do i need electronics mounts for my links with this chassis?
da94broncodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
pjr
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by da94broncodude View Post
im purchasing an edge chassis and want to switch to axle mounted packs who is running what and why? also do i need electronics mounts for my links with this chassis?
You need them if thats where you're mounting electronicsI have one for my FXR on the rear links.I have both 7 and 8 cell packs for the front axle and also 2 ans 3s Lipo on the front links.Look over the pics here for ideas
http://rccrawler.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=edge
pjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:27 AM   #3

thanks for the link, havent decided if i want to do this chassis or not with everything invloved, but from what ive read they have good reviews
da94broncodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:23 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i had my esc on my rear axle and the rx on my dig servo but that was before i got the panel kit and now i just use that for my rx and esc. as for the batterys just run the straps through the link mounts on the front axle and under it and just loop it to the top.
some87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:34 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Just get an SWX
atekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Battery wise just go with the 2/3a split packs on the front axle. I run the 8 cell packs on mine and they're so small you hardly notice them.

For the other electronics, I used the stock electronics plate on each end, and cut it to fit my esc and receiver. Instead of mounting the stock brace right side up like normal, I put them in upside down so I could put the plate on the bottom side instead of the top. I then run an extra screw through the side to keep the plate from flipping down, and I also run a zip tie around my esc and receiver to make sure they don't go anywhere. Then I've got my ESC upside down on the front plate and my receiver upside down on the rear. The link mounts will be easier and give you a better COG, I just personally didn't want my electronics on my links on these. I have both my Edge rigs setup the same way and it works good for me. I don't really have any good detail pics, but here's a couple that you might get an idea from. This one I have the battery wires coming up and going under the hood panel, but the other I ran it differently. Just play around with some ideas and see what you like the most.

MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

BTA and battery mount all in 1. Designed for Lipo but people use it with 2/3a packs. See sig for link.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

i got rid of the axle mount 2/3's and went li-po..saves alot of weight.
the pic shows how mine is mouted on a tray behind the hood,my ESC is under that.RX is mounted under ther full size dig servo,i hate stuff mounted to my links on plates,but that's me.

irok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #9
pjr
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by irok View Post
i got rid of the axle mount 2/3's and went li-po..saves alot of weight.
the pic shows how mine is mouted on a tray behind the hood,my ESC is under that.RX is mounted under ther full size dig servo,i hate stuff mounted to my links on plates,but that's me.

sure would like to have a template of those shock mounting brackets!!
pjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr View Post
sure would like to have a template of those shock mounting brackets!!
hmmm...i may be able to help ya
pm sent
irok is offline   Reply With Quote