Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: 4 wheel steer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default 4 wheel steer

new to the whole crawler thing had gas cars before this iam looking for any info on putting 4 wheel steering on a scopion rtr
must85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

If you are going to comp then rear still is not allowed in the 2.2 class, even if you are not going to comp I would still save and buy a dig setup instead of rear steer.
j182j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Putting steering on the rear axle takes the same componants that the front axle does. You need a servo plate w/uprights, the servo, a tie rod, and drag link. You'll also need another channel on your radio to independantly control the rear.

Not sure but...does the RTR model come with the straight axle in the rear or does it have locked out rear knuckles? If it has the straight axles...then you'll also need another pair of knuckles, another pair of axle C's, and a set of inner/outer axle shafts.

I built all of my rigs at one time with rear steer...but have since stopped. I found that I drove so many rigs with rear steer, that when it came time to run a rig in a comp without it...I felt like a newbie.

Save the money on the additional componants and buy a dig unit.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #4

Offroader5 has a very good summary for you, just 1 tiny detail thou. You don't absolutely need another channel on your radio to do rear steer, you can use a Y adapter between the front and rear servo's and run them off the same channel.
MicksAX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicksAX10 View Post
Offroader5 has a very good summary for you, just 1 tiny detail thou. You don't absolutely need another channel on your radio to do rear steer, you can use a Y adapter between the front and rear servo's and run them off the same channel.
True.....BUT that won't be independant steer. The rear will simply steer the same or opposite as the front (depending on which way you hook it up)...and at the same time whether you want the rear to steer or not.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

thanks for the info
must85 is offline   Reply With Quote