Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Nedd a lil AX10 guidance/help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Nedd a lil AX10 guidance/help

first off sorry if all my relentless questions are getting anoying.

but im still learning ad'nabbit

so i just got a DNA dig set up this weekend. its dialed in and works great, however,

when i try and use freewhell to PULL the rig up and over obsticles, i feel that my front wheels are not biting as well as they could (i.e. what ive see others do)

they dont bite down enough to drag the weight of the vehice up and over

Now, how do i go abouts fixing this?

i currently have 10oz in each front tire, and 1oz in each rear. seems to me adding weight would be too much.

so what would i do w/ my front links to get my tires to really drag the ass around??

i guess im really just lookin for the right method to atack this issue...
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
RCC Addict

PLAY WITH the links.....find what works best for you!! Try lowering the upper links where connects to chassis. This will induce squat, which i believe will get the rig to do what your looking for. You gotta realize that it might just be different lines and types of rigs too.... But try moving the links up/down see what you like
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'd like to know more on this too.

How did your DIG do at the comp? I wasn't able to make it but I'm definitely going to roll the Westy summer comps.
MtnBkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

well although i bought the dig on Friday, I also got drunk that night too...

so the dig didnt get installed until after the comp.

and i gots my ass kicked!!!

but now i can like pull good lines and stay on course.

DIGS are waaaaaaay cool

sooooo

im gonna drill new chassie holes about a 1/2" lower than where i got my front links at now, and go from there.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Bob, I'm not sure that I'm getting your question. I never use freewheel to pull myself up on to stuff. Usually I go with front dig till it bites then right into 4WD. when climbing most of your weight is on the rear wheels and climbing stuff in freewheel is very hard.

I'm running a droop setup too and the anti squat is very important to get the front shocks to extend on breakovers. As Cato said, lowering the upper link mounting point on the chassis should help you out a little.
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
Bob, I'm not sure that I'm getting your question. I never use freewheel to pull myself up on to stuff. Usually I go with front dig till it bites then right into 4WD. when climbing most of your weight is on the rear wheels and climbing stuff in freewheel is very hard.

I'm running a droop setup too and the anti squat is very important to get the front shocks to extend on breakovers. As Cato said, lowering the upper link mounting point on the chassis should help you out a little.
x2....Mainly just mess around with your link position.Lowering it a little at a time should let you see the front start to grab more or less..Then just adjust it to the best location IYO and go fromthere.May have to change up driving style a tid bit and get the front end to bite,and then go to 4wd.
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

this may or may not have been thought of by you, but what tires are you running? if your still running hammers or somthing comparable then u can trottle all you want but they wont hook up. but if youv got a dig i highly doubt you havnt upgraded ur tires to somthing worth while.

just a though
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Default Don't Worry

Don't feel bad about asking questions, because this forum is for that purpose. If there is anyone that has a problem with you asking questions tell'em to piss off. I don't have the answer for your question, but I'm sure someone will. Good luck.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
first off sorry if all my relentless questions are getting anoying.

but im still learning ad'nabbit

so i just got a DNA dig set up this weekend. its dialed in and works great, however,

when i try and use freewhell to PULL the rig up and over obsticles, i feel that my front wheels are not biting as well as they could (i.e. what ive see others do)

they dont bite down enough to drag the weight of the vehice up and over

Now, how do i go abouts fixing this?

i currently have 10oz in each front tire, and 1oz in each rear. seems to me adding weight would be too much.

so what would i do w/ my front links to get my tires to really drag the ass around??

i guess im really just lookin for the right method to atack this issue...
What tires are you running-Try the HPI rovers Matt
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:14 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I currently run WHITE DOTS ROVERS!!
Old 04-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
I think Joe here as the point, links may be an issue, but it is the fact that your trying to freewheel up that may be the problem. To get the front tyres to really bite in you need to lock the back axle for a bit, throttle a little, then when the front bites, then you flick back to 4wd
MicksAX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I just think i didnt know how to use a dig...

lol

this thing rules.