Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New Here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New Here

Just wanted to introduce my self as I'm new here. My name is Eric and I have a stock ax10 Scorpion that I just got today, it's the RTR. My brother in law gave to me as an early bday present.

I also have a traxxas Rustler VXL thought I bought about 2 months ago.

Eventually I would like to do comps but first I need to learn how to crawl.

I already have a small list of parts that I would like to upgrade and was wondering if anybody would like to suggest things to put on my list.

I look forward to learning and contributing to this forum.

Eric
RustlerHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

well you could start with a new body because the stock rtr bodys mess with the tires to much
jdacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

intall the provided front axle locker. swap on the 14tooth pinion gear get aluminum links and steering, new tires, upgrade the servo, . higher turn motor, better esc those would be what i would look at upgradeing first
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Default What's up!

I would trim the stock body so that my wheels have better clearance. Make sure you put your locker in the front. Replace your plastic links with metal ones. A metal gear steering servo would be a good idea, because those plastic ones won't last that long. I would also upgrade my tires, because the stock ones "SUCK". There are a ton of things that you can do, but I don't want to break your bank this early in the game. Me and my freind run our ax10 at Lake Mendo on Sundays around 10am to 11:30 am so stop by if you wants some one to test your skills with. Won't be there this Sunday, because I'm going to a RC ROCK CRAWLING COMP. Welcome to the hobby.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando View Post
I would trim the stock body so that my wheels have better clearance. Make sure you put your locker in the front. Replace your plastic links with metal ones. A metal gear steering servo would be a good idea, because those plastic ones won't last that long. I would also upgrade my tires, because the stock ones "SUCK". There are a ton of things that you can do, but I don't want to break your bank this early in the game. Me and my freind run our ax10 at Lake Mendo on Sundays around 10am to 11:30 am so stop by if you wants some one to test your skills with. Won't be there this Sunday, because I'm going to a RC ROCK CRAWLING COMP. Welcome to the hobby.
Thanks for the tips. I might meet you out there sometime. Waiting for my buddy to finish his Rockforce build so I have somebody to crawl with.

Eric
RustlerHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
RCC Addict

The plastic link will bend all over. I run delrin links home made. About 1.00 a foot. 4 link plate from STRC. 12t pinion will slow your truck a little. Latter on Tekin FX R and 45t motor. The HPI tires are most likely the best tires I have used. There cheep here.
http://www.tcscrawlers.com/ON-SALE-7...2-p-17154.html
MIP drive shafts or traxxas drive shafts #1953. Rod ends for aluminum links traxxas # 1942 very strong and cheep also.
12.99 for 2 tires! Thats cheep for a great tire. Have fun. I started with a RTR. Almost nothing left of the RTR except the trans and axles.
Hope that helps Matt
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Tires (rovers/cougars/comps), small pinion/large spur, Servo!, 4link the rear, get the battery off the roof, softer springs and the list goes on.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #8

white rover tires. those plastic links after a while will turn into spaghetti. i have the tekin 55t motor w/ tekin fxr esc. i love it. and different body or trim the stock one. hope this helps
bashkustomz is offline   Reply With Quote