Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Edge Chassis Top Plates....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #1

Default Edge Chassis Top Plates....

What are you all using as a cover for the middle section? I used a scrap peice of a diamond plate, it didn't turn out as well as I would have liked? Any new ideas that might not have been done yet?
zackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Well they havd a plate for it made out of lexan i took cardboard made it to fit than traced it on a sheet of lexan and also made some new panels. Get it at your local hobby shop for like 5 bucks.
Bubba73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I made some for my LB jr. out of Aluminum that I recycled from an industrial cabinets drawer divider. Our Active Kids program is having some made out of some thin Aluminum as well that cover the top all the way to the back and come down the from like a sun shield of sorts.
Not that big a deal on the Edge, chassis, but on the Ltl, Bastard, it helps with the integrity of the chassis during roll overs. (plus I've got my ESC velcro'd to the back section.
You could try using a pop bottle for the material. A pop can would most likely be too thin to hold up.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:19 AM   #4

yeah, I have an idea for an aluminum can to do the actual body panels. But I was looking at the wire mesh grill on an escalade today and thought about maybe finding some similar wire/mesh material and making my body panels out of it. But besides that I want something decently rigid for the top plate, like you I have my esc and electronics mounted to the underside of it at the tail and very front. I actually really liked the diamond plate, I just need to redo it I think. I rushed it and the cuts were terrible looking and I didn't really take enough time to fit it correctly. I am also going to re-powdercoat the chassis in extreme chrome and the diamond plate is going to be anodized blue to match my wheels.
zackattack is offline   Reply With Quote