Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: new to crawlers, looking for some advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #1

Default new to crawlers, looking for some advice

i recently picked up a ax-10 scorpion and was wondering what battery would be good to use. i was looking at maxamps but they have alot of batteries to chose from. i am using the stock axial esc for now, i ordered the 55t axial motor i figured it was cheap enough i could give it a shot. i also got the alum link set since the toe link flexs so much. anything else i should do for starting out? any help is appreatiated thanks, nick
02roush360r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

7.4 2cell lipo i would get a minimum of 1500mah. Max amps is really high check out the zippy battery packs they are awesome or i am running a venom lipo,.
nightcrawler86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #3

The first thing I would do is switch out the the three link setup for a four link one. The second thing i would do is buy a BEC and a new ESC ( castle is good ) that will allow you to run 3s lipos. The last must is new tires, claws, panthers, rovers any of these will do you well! If you do these things and weight your rig right you should do pretty ok.
crawlinround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Weight your wheels! Two wraps of stick weight like you see on a 1.1 wheel on the fronts and half of that on the rear. Change those tires if you have the lizards still. Check out cheapbatterypacks.com for a saddle pack front axle mount battery. Strait axle kit if it didnt come with it. Never owned a RTR so I dont know what they come stock with. Rooster crawler or tekin speed control. Softer front springs. White or red. start there. Also the servo on the stock one is weak. Upgrading that to a high torque metal gear one will be good.
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

check out the cheap tips and tricks thread in this forum. get some bic style pen bodies and cover the links you just got with them. You can get colored pen bodies free from banks and such. the alum. links grab the rocks, delrin ones or the covered one will slide over the rocks like butter. You can get a slightly use pair of tires from here for a good price but ditch the stockers. Panthers are my favorite. You'll get good results with those two but you'll want to step up to a better ESC. soon. as well as a better front servo. the Towerpro ones are around 25 $'s for a 208oz.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote