Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Torque Twist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #1

Default Torque Twist

What is the best way to try and get rid of torque twist....
thebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Split the upper links to a true 4 link. Then move the lowers in close together at the chassis to give the suspension good triangulation with the uppers spread. And add under drive gears to the rear. Cost yah about $60 bucks in parts.
chris w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
Suck it up!

Try the search button. There are tons and tons of threads dealing with this issue.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #4

k. i have the 4 link servo plates set up. but have not moved anything around...
Old 06-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #5

Move your shocks to the outside of the axle and move you lower links inward on the axle and the chassis, I got my spur and pinon gears facing the front and it works for me. I still have a 3 link and it got rid of of my TT.
issues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:18 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I did the four link in the rear Left link on top of plate right link below plate, helped some. flipped trans helped some, finally added one thick preload spacer to the left rear shock, i can now make this thing wheelie when geared right. It will pull both front tires straight up in the air from reverse to forward.

Funny thing about always posting Try a search is, you get lots of threads that simply say to try a search and can be discouraging to new members and to new people who may not be completely familiar how a message forum works, im sure everyone here has posted before searching when there is multiple threads on a subject
brokeitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:21 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

The 2 things I would recommend is putting a heavier shock oil in the left rear shock and the Axial Optional Gears. The search feature is great on this site you just have to be very specific. Another thing I would do is Look up a build thread for either Bender or Gatekeeper. These are 2 of the best Axial drivers out there

Last edited by treday619; 06-28-2009 at 11:23 PM.
treday619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:38 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Run more anti squat on the side that squats.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Try mirroring your trans too.
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Longer upper links in the rear running parelell (sp) with lower links pinned in at the chassis. Like this I/\I then move your rear shocks out to the farthest point on axle...may need to space them out some at the chassis too if they feel like there binding.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #11
I joined the Band!

Lots of good advice in this thread. You will never get rig of Torque twist but you can reduce it. Easy and cheap fix is put a spacer and/or stiffer spring on the left rear shock. A 4 link will help as well (as stated in another post)

grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #12

Thanks, i will switch some stuff aroud and see how it does in the comp on July 11th... you guys all rock...
Old 06-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeitagain View Post
I did the four link in the rear Left link on top of plate right link below plate, helped some. flipped trans helped some, finally added one thick preload spacer to the left rear shock, i can now make this thing wheelie when geared right. It will pull both front tires straight up in the air from reverse to forward.

Funny thing about always posting Try a search is, you get lots of threads that simply say to try a search and can be discouraging to new members and to new people who may not be completely familiar how a message forum works, im sure everyone here has posted before searching when there is multiple threads on a subject
Do you have a picture of your setup?
JEFF
jeffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Old 07-01-2009, 12:36 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Try the search button. There are tons and tons of threads dealing with this issue.
wow I tried that last night and man what a difference it made. As soon as I clicked the search button all my torque twist issues went away. Thanks man you have really helped me out.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

i found lots of threads that say to search, buried way way down the list is the answer to most of them, talk about a waste of board space
Old 07-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #17
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
wow I tried that last night and man what a difference it made. As soon as I clicked the search button all my torque twist issues went away. Thanks man you have really helped me out.
It also cures hemmeroids, back acne, does your taxes, orders pizza, and is the preffered method of birth control in third world countries. Tomorrow I'm going to put it in a sprayer and spray the yard to keep the moles away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeitagain View Post
i found lots of threads that say to search, buried way way down the list is the answer to most of them, talk about a waste of board space
Yes, and here's another thread added to that list.

My point was, if you spend a little time looking before asking, you'll usually come up with your answer, and it'll happen much faster than posting and waiting for a reply. Theres also a great thread on setting up a 4-link, but I'm not going to tell you where it is.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote