Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Battery question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Wink Battery question

So i just bought an AX10 rtc and it should be here soon..cant wait! When i ordered it it says ill need a battery and charger (7.2) Can anyone tell me where i can get one that wont break the bank? also some of the batteries say "7.2 3300" what does the "3300" stand for? im just not sure what to get.Also need a simple charger for the darn thing. please point me in the right direction. Thank you,
rccrawler66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

3300 is the Mah of the battery, basically how much juice you can cram in there. 3300 mah will give you a good amount of run time. You need a charger that has a Tamiya connecter if you chose to run it stock. You can buy a cheapo charger, but if you get into the hobby a lil more you will have to buy a better one...spend a lil more now or alot more later..
slimeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
RCC Addict

The "3300" stands for capacity. It is measured in milliamps/hour, you will see it written as mah on some batteries. This is actually the "tank" of your electric vehicle and shows how big your "tank"=>battery is as far as capacity is concerned. For starters you can get a saddle pack to mount on your front axle since you have nothing right now. It will be cheaper than a stick battery (not much) but you will gain a great advantage by putting the weight of the battery on the front axle. The 7.2 refers to the voltage of the battery and in reality is 7.2 volts. For a charger any simple wall charger will do for starters. Check Benders' RTC build here in the AX10 forum, lots of good info there.

***EDIT*** I type way too slow!
MadForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

look at amazon.com and you can find 4500mah tenergy battery for $15
dunerdude69 is offline   Reply With Quote