Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: I should have bought an AX-10 to begin with...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #1

Default I should have bought an AX-10 to begin with...

Instead I bought a Venom Creeper hoping to have something a little different. After running it for 2 weeks and having issues related to poor quality control, being unable to get a reply from customer support and dealing with some major design flaws ( such as the honking transmission ) I started to regret my decision.

The final nail in the coffin was when I went to HobbyTown and saw the WALL of Axial parts and mods. So many awesome parts to choose from. Where as the Creeper had little to no aftermarket support, the AX-10 had the most support I've seen for any RC vehicle, ever.

It's awesome to have a ride with so much aftermarket and community support. It sucks I burnt $200 to figure that out, but I figured it was better to take my loss early than keep putting money into a platform that has no support.

Anybody else have a similar experience?
warDialer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, there really isn't a whole lot of aftermarket for the Venom. Sell it on Ebay and buy and Axial
MtnBkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #3
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Hey, at least Hobbytown had the remote diff locking parts for the Creeper
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by warDialer View Post
Instead I bought a Venom Creeper hoping to have something a little different. After running it for 2 weeks and having issues related to poor quality control, being unable to get a reply from customer support and dealing with some major design flaws ( such as the honking transmission ) I started to regret my decision.

The final nail in the coffin was when I went to HobbyTown and saw the WALL of Axial parts and mods. So many awesome parts to choose from. Where as the Creeper had little to no aftermarket support, the AX-10 had the most support I've seen for any RC vehicle, ever.

It's awesome to have a ride with so much aftermarket and community support. It sucks I burnt $200 to figure that out, but I figured it was better to take my loss early than keep putting money into a platform that has no support.

Anybody else have a similar experience?
Yes i had a friend that bought the creeper and regreted it so before i got into rock crawling i already knew that it was not the truck i wanted so i went with the axial artr and i love it i have almost 1,000 in mine and dont regret it one bit they have so many parts for it i cant stop buying them.
junior ax10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnBkr View Post
Yeah, there really isn't a whole lot of aftermarket for the Venom. Sell it on Ebay and buy and Axial
Haven't sold the venom yet, but I did buy the AX-10!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

[QUOTE=warDialer;1901788]

QUOTE]

Well what do you expect?!?! How do you think the axial was when it first came out?

I'd hang on to that creeper. Give it some time and I bet there will start to be some badass stuff out for it!
bayouhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=bayouhazard;1902524]
Quote:

QUOTE]

Well what do you expect?!?! How do you think the axial was when it first came out?

I'd hang on to that creeper. Give it some time and I bet there will start to be some badass stuff out for it!

I doubt it. Almost nothing venom has aftermarket support. You have to remember, Venom was and is the aftermarket support for many things r/c. They are trying to make it as a vehicle/helicopter producer but there calling is accesories. Sorry to say but I dont see there being to much aftermarket options to come.
axman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #8

[QUOTE=bayouhazard;1902524]
Quote:

Seems like most shops I've checked in with haven given up on even carrying Venom replacement parts. So not only did I have to get all my replacements online, but Venom customer support was terrible. Two emails sent about a defective part in the kit and i NEVER heard back.

The kit itself is good, but if you plan on doing any real upgrades the choices are painfully limited. I'm having much more fun with the Axial and how there are many options for every part imaginable!
Old 08-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #9

i have the ax10, but stock vs stock the creeper is better.
wakeboardfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Are you guys aware of how long the AX10 has been around? Our Creeper is less than a year old. The Creeper is the most competitive box stock chassis you will find of all of the available kits on the market. The highest placing shaft drive chassis of any out there is the Creeper in comps and it goes head to head with Bergs all the time and beats them. The geometry has been optimized in CAD and has bind free articulation through out all of its range of movement, no other chassis unmodified does this. The CG is very low despite what it looks like, it just works out that way and its obvious on the rocks.
Take the time to understand the Creeper and you will be rewarded. Just because one make made the class does not mean that all other rigs have to be the same thing or look the same to work. Just drive the Creeper stock and try different tires and weights and you will see how well it works either for fun or for comps.
CRAWLINGAROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=warDialer;1905250]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouhazard View Post

Seems like most shops I've checked in with haven given up on even carrying Venom replacement parts. So not only did I have to get all my replacements online, but Venom customer support was terrible. Two emails sent about a defective part in the kit and i NEVER heard back.

The kit itself is good, but if you plan on doing any real upgrades the choices are painfully limited. I'm having much more fun with the Axial and how there are many options for every part imaginable!
I'll appologize for you poor customer service experience and if I can help you get those parts just PM with your part numbers and name and address. I'll push this through and get the defective parts replaced for you.

Best regards,

Chris
CRAWLINGAROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

It takes time for the after market to catch up, just like real world vehicles. It's interesting to see this post, cause I'm actually looking to get the Venom and seems like there's alot of people selling there Axials on ebay lately.

Chris
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:14 AM   #13

My $.02, Venom's customer support is great. I got new parts no questions asked and they were very responsive to my emails. There are a few aftermarket parts out now, and I hope more come on line soon.
wiznich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

My bro has a creeper and loves it. Comes a lil more capable than my rtc did IMO. Although it is a kit
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLINGAROUND View Post
Are you guys aware of how long the AX10 has been around? Our Creeper is less than a year old. The Creeper is the most competitive box stock chassis you will find of all of the available kits on the market. The highest placing shaft drive chassis of any out there is the Creeper in comps and it goes head to head with Bergs all the time and beats them.
now im not a fan of the MOA but i have to drop the BS flag on that...i cant say iv been to every comp ever but of all the ones i have been to i have never seen a venom place very high ... granted i do not know how said rigs were set up or the drivers skill level.
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote