Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Axial make a MOA or dig "comp" ready roller?
Axial MOA roller 62 56.36%
Factory F/R dig tranny (improved axles) 48 43.64%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Axial MOA OR factory dig tranny

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Arrow Axial MOA OR factory dig tranny

Will Axial come out with an MOA rig or a FACTORY dig tranny? If they did, what would you like to see.

I think it's time for them to come out with a serious factory comp worthy crawler in roller form and ditch one of the current kits. Let's face it, crawling has gone main stream, there are enough vendors and deticated stores to back that claim. With Bully kits, Bergs, Venoms, cliff climbers and Traxxas of things bringing the crawl, it's hard not to see them at every LHS. And yes, I left out Losi, they get thier own sentance. They tested the waters with the MRC, and just released the LONG awaited pro quality crawler. (IMO) I have seen and driven the standard and the MOA conversion and they are playing to win that's for sure.

Come on Axial, you brought us the Scorpion, and set this craze on fire, what's next???
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I vote for MOA even though I pathologically hate this type of trucks. It seems that all competitionsare ruled by MOA rigs. I am very happy with my AX10, or what's left of it. I guess it will be easier for Axial to make a MOA axle than a heavy and complicated tranny.
MadForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

An MOA set that we could bolt in the place of our current axles would be great. Then we could use the same links, shocks and chassis.
GTCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Does this thread mean they might listen to our ideas or are we just wishing? I wish MOA RTR.
poorboyrc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Axial MOA, that will be the day if they click on this thread and actually read this and base some decisions from these posts. My thoughts personally MOA'S suck!!
Learn to drive! It's all about it being fun and difficult!
Just my 5 1/2 cents
khwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I voted for f/r dig even though I don't want one as they would be ultra heavy and a general pita, but I dislike moa's more. What axial needs to come out with is a comp roller to rivel the Losi race roller. I would also love it if they would make a axle set up like pouson axles.

The comp roller would include:

New updated pouson style axles that use axial stuff.
VP high steer knuckles
DNA RC SSS and Psychos
Eritex dig
Overdrive front gears
HD rear gears
DNA motor plate
Losi comp claws or rovers or x locks
Egressor cvds
Straight axles

Or the RTR would include the following electronics

Tekin rs
Holmes Hobbies sensored outrunner
Futaba S9157 425 oz/inch at 6v
Maxamps lipo
Clockwork's 6ch pistol

Thats all I can think of at the moment

Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd View Post
Thats all I can think of at the moment
Haha....and how many of those do you think they'd sell? One, two? That would cost quite a bit of money and would deter their intended market...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #8
RCC Addict

i know it is a bit of a long shot But who wouldn't want a rig like that I think 99% percent of people would walk into a shop go nut two expensive. But by the time they have finished upgrading their rig that is basically what they would have.

Kieren
Old 08-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

That is true....however, most folks upgrade a little at a time. They dont want to have to take out a loan to buy a toy...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Haha....and how many of those do you think they'd sell? One, two? That would cost quite a bit of money and would deter their intended market...
That's for sure, most people that are getting into crawling are not gonna go drop 1-2k on a full blown comp rig, I voted MOA just to see some thing different from Axial, but I love my shafty, and 1st and 2nd at my last comp were shafty's then a MOA followed by a lot more shafty's
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
That's for sure, most people that are getting into crawling are not gonna go drop 1-2k on a full blown comp rig, I voted MOA just to see some thing different from Axial, but I love my shafty, and 1st and 2nd at my last comp were shafty's then a MOA followed by a lot more shafty's
That is the way it should be

Kieren
Old 08-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

I would love to see an MOA axial, than factory dig. There are many dig options out in the market right now so that's nothing new. Just my 2 cents.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadk9420 View Post
I don't drive MOA eathier and I like my shafty. I just want to see more competition. You know it would sell. Ax10 is suggested to almost every noobie on the forum. Axial would probably make most of it plastic like the axle housings and the aftermarket could flourish with upgrades. New product , new upgrades . Then a year after it comes out you could own an MOA for half of what they cost now.
poorboyrc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I personally love the shafties for the realism, BUT with the big dogs running MOAs and seeing how well Losi's new "dig" rig works 1st hand, it's like driving a new Caddilac after thinking my 20yr old subaru was cool.
With the RTR, RTC, SCX-10 and the ARTR (which is as close to comp ready as it gets) you have to question in the current market, should they keep them all in the stable? I think there is room for improvment in the line up and with their popularity and business impact in the sport a new "COMP" roller would be well received. I would buy one purely on reputation. Every thing evolves at some point, Im just hoping to share this with Axial's marketing dept. and see what comes of it.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTCharles View Post
An MOA set that we could bolt in the place of our current axles would be great. Then we could use the same links, shocks and chassis.
great idea and now you have extra axles and tranny for a scaler too!
if they just made a new back half (pinion side) of the axle houseing they could still use the front half oh the housing! (ie-saving them $$$)

Last edited by 2500hdon37s; 08-06-2009 at 09:16 PM.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:51 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Axial started out as a shafty, so keep it a shafty. But a factory dig would be sweet.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTGOINGSLOW View Post
Axial started out as a shafty, so keep it a shafty. But a factory dig would be sweet.
x2
cascade crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Love the idea of an axial MOA less parts = better in my book
newtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #19
RCC Addict

I don't know anything, but I would bet my comp rig that axial's already working on an entirely new truck. They're not stupid enough to try and rest on their laurels with a almost 3 year old truck when the competition is moving so fast.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by khwilliams View Post
Axial MOA, that will be the day if they click on this thread and actually read this and base some decisions from these posts. My thoughts personally MOA'S suck!!
Learn to drive! It's all about it being fun and difficult!
Just my 5 1/2 cents
Agreed.
My thoughts; MOA's are butt ugly and should be out-lawed for it. I can't even look at one with out wanting to smash it with a 40 lb. sledge. I would have never bought a crawler if it wasn't for shafts.
beni is offline   Reply With Quote