Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Parts conflicts (in iraq)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Parts conflicts (in iraq)

Alrighty, so I got my brand spankin new VP DH Pro-Comp beadlocks this morning after about a week and a half wait (the joy of deployment), and spent all morning putting my Pro-Line Hammers on them (yes, the ARTR tires. Im not gonna waste a pair of tires out here). Anyways, finally get them all put together and put them on my AX-10 (soon to be an Aluminati), and lo and behold it has begun. The work to make everything "work". I put the AX-10 down to give it a test run with the new wheels, and when I give it throttle, It doesnt go anywhere, just twists up on itself.

Turns out since I have the .335 hex spacers up front, the wheels catch on my STRC high steer knuckles. Weak. Totally weak. So, Im wondering and seeking advice. Which offset should I get for the front wheels? The specs and different spacers are as follows:

335 = (Axial-9.25)(Berg-10.00)
460 = (Axial-9.50)(Berg-10.25)
585 = (Axial-9.75)(Berg-10.50)

I can only imagine the problems Im going to encounter once I finally get my Aluminati chassis, the links, the stuff to convert to a 4-link setup, the VP dig (which i wont get freewheel, stupid 3PM), and other stuff Im sure I forgot. Also, its looking like I may have to upgrade the steering servo as well, which was coming anyways, I already knew that.

Half the fun is definitely building it. The waiting certainly is none of the fun.
KROGOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
RCC Addict

On ax-10 sized axles you can run the widest ones in the front and the narrow ones in the rear to sneak past gates and it works pretty well.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culetto View Post
On ax-10 sized axles you can run the widest ones in the front and the narrow ones in the rear to sneak past gates and it works pretty well.
Exactly!

I'm running that same setup on my Bully, which is the same width. Works like a dream.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Thats what I had been considering, getting the very widest offset. Really have no clue what I was thinking when I got 335's all around. Just wondering about the stress that will put on the axles, if its even mentionable.
KROGOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:53 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROGOTH View Post
Thats what I had been considering, getting the very widest offset. Really have no clue what I was thinking when I got 335's all around. Just wondering about the stress that will put on the axles, if its even mentionable.
Less stress than running a wheel like a Mayhem CDP that has no backspacing. The 585's probably aren't much wider (if any) than the stock Axial wheels.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #6
RCC Addict

my 585's seemed to be the exact width as stock wheels, i would be interested in getting a wider set to help keep the tires off the springs and battery at full steer.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROGOTH View Post
Just wondering about the stress that will put on the axles, if its even mentionable.
No worries at all Go with the 585's in the front, 335's in the rear.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote