Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Link setup on TCS 4 link plates and boulder chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Link setup on TCS 4 link plates and boulder chassis

I put together a TCS boulder chassis with 4 link mounts this weekend and sorta hit a bind on the front 4 link plate. Right now I have the links mounted on top of the plate, is that correct?

The upper links look perfectly even with the lower links, but it seems like I lost a ton of articulation.
sdcrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
Suck it up!

Pictures would help if you can get them.

Otherwise you want the uppers parallel to the ground, not to the lowers.

On the rear plate, try to put the drivers side link on top of the plate and the passenger side link on the bottom. This will help dial out torque twist.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:57 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'll post up some pics tonight. Gotta charge the digicam battery. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Had to go the photobucket route. My digicam's dumbed down photos are still over 1mb in size.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Pictures would help if you can get them.

Otherwise you want the uppers parallel to the ground, not to the lowers.

On the rear plate, try to put the drivers side link on top of the plate and the passenger side link on the bottom. This will help dial out torque twist.
So going off of my last pic, I would have to go with a droop set up to get my uppers parallel to the ground.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

From the pics it looks like you could move the upper shock mounts 2 holes inward and that would lower your ride height to get your links closer to parallel with the ground. Although you have have to take into account that the further your shocks are from vertical, torque twist will be more pronounced. Another idea is to add a fuel line spacer under the piston inside the shock to limit the amount of down travel and get the links closer to parallel with the deck. Or drill another hole in the chassis just below the current mounting point of the upper arms and move that mounting point down, which in turn will affect anti-squat.... I think you get the idea, that any changes made to a link type suspension effects handling in more than one way. It's all about compromise and get it to match your driving style. good luck!
greedyg76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #7
Suck it up!

Definately need to get the ride height down. I'd go with limiting the shock travel like greedy said. I bet you've got tons of articulation...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:09 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

keep in mind that chassis might be designed differently. by looking at your setup, you could limit the shocks, or you could run some shorter shocks. ive seen people running the revo shocks in a droop configuration.
SCORPIAN670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:37 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Run the 72-103 axial shocks or install the bumper inside of shock body to lower ride height. And as mentioned above, run the upper links in the rearward holes. And i would run a little longer lower front links than you have, and in your case, install the upper front links under the plate - for less binding problems. Looks like your wheelbase is a little on the short side too. The longer lowers will help with that. Tinkering and experimenting is half the fun of crawling
Hope this helps
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote