Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: How to fix steering crashes.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default How to fix steering crashes.

UPDATED FIXED??]
Made a new front plate, stock axial bta didn't work couldn't get enough room for servo an links. I also bought a new servo, the bluebird 630mg. It has considerable more torque than the stock axial. The only thing is that the arm actually comes up far enough to hit the case of the servo, but not sure how to fix that, also not sure if I have enough power running to it? It does get warm? But not near as warm as the stock one. Oddly enough I think that bluebird is the same as the axial, casing is exactly the same, same splines, same markings on the case as well.

Tell me what you think?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
take a look at these pictures, please. let me know some ideas on how to fix this crashing issue.

this is another product of BTA install i really don't know exactly what to do, when I made my links I extended them, just a little to lower the ride height just a little, but I didn't think there would be this many issues.

thanks for any help to solve this issue, I am researching the other thread about BTA issues, but I can't really tell if they were having the same issues.

Last edited by es79; 04-05-2010 at 11:52 PM.
es79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

swap to an internal spring it also looks like your upper links are a bit to short and tiling your axle back, this will also throw off you steering geomity and u will loose turning radius

Last edited by ultimate_monkey; 04-02-2010 at 03:54 PM.
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_monkey View Post
swap to an internal spring
i've heard of people doing that..., on to more research. thanks for the option/reply.

keep the options/opinions coming, i need more ideas, in case i run into other issues, and have to move on to plan "C" or "D"
Old 04-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_monkey View Post
swap to an internal spring it also looks like your upper links are a bit to short and tiling your axle back, this will also throw off you steering geomity and u will loose turning radius
^^^ X2

Lengthen your upper links or shorten your lowers. If it still doesn't clear the springs get a set of internals from TCS.
PsychoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
Suck it up!

Definately adjust your uppers, you'd also do good to get clockable C's to dial out some of the caster you've got going on there.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Might be able to rotate the servo horn 180* and run a longer steering link over to the other side?
Phylodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylodog View Post
Might be able to rotate the servo horn 180* and run a longer steering link over to the other side?
Yeah I did think of doing that. I would have to add a spacer at the small link to make it tall enough. I wasn't sure if it would be strong that way. I guess I could just raise the servo with spacer as well.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #8
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by es79 View Post
Yeah I did think of doing that. I would have to add a spacer at the small link to make it tall enough. I wasn't sure if it would be strong that way. I guess I could just raise the servo with spacer as well.
You'll still have caster and pinion angle issues. Lenthen the upper links and you'll be fine.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
You'll still have caster and pinion angle issues. Lenthen the upper links and you'll be fine.
You need to tenthen your upper links! Thats what I did and it works great. Now you tire's will hit your lower links! Here is some pic's of mine. I have the Axial adjustable C's. Post #16

BTA steering kits / reviews

Last edited by SDheavymetal; 04-02-2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Added link for pic's
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:45 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

ok, i think i need to lengthen my upper links, glad i thought of that....lol just kidding. thanks for the help guys, i will be making a new front plate because i can't make it work the way i want with the axial bta plate. time for some carbon action. again thanks for the help, i will post a picture when i'm finished.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:10 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

*updated. Fixed crashing as suggested.