Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Swx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 10:45 AM   #1

Default Swx

Im getting a new chassis and im down to the edge and the SWX. Do i need to get anything else for the SWX or is the kit sufficient? Also can the stock ax10 shocks be used with either of these, or should i get some big bores?
DJCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

SWX by far.

the edge is more looks that performance IMHO.

and your shocks will work w/ both.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCrawlin View Post
Im getting a new chassis and im down to the edge and the SWX. Do i need to get anything else for the SWX or is the kit sufficient? Also can the stock ax10 shocks be used with either of these, or should i get some big bores?
The SWX is the way to go. For the price of a pack of 8 Big Bore you can't go wrong. Post up the other four for sale. I would get some Losi gold's front white's for the back for them. I run Big Bore on my rigs and the just flat out work.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

SWX and maxx shocks with losi white springs work really well
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

i have an edge to sell you if you go that way. but i would say go swx if that tells you anything ;)
yjdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjdavid View Post
i have an edge to sell you if you go that way. but i would say go swx if that tells you anything ;)

LOL perfect
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:47 AM   #7

Ya the SWX is nice, but i like the look of the tube chassis, a little more scale looking. Is this a decent one or will i just be wasting my money? As long as its better than stock then im good with the performance, I'm more in a sportsman class too.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:03 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Contact The Zorlac of DMG he does great tube work.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

check out the mayhem ls2.0 chassis also, i just ordered mine but havent received it yet. its on sale right now for $50 shipped, and looks super tight and narrow and i have only heard good things about it...

here is a build using it:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...41#post2103741

link to the sale:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189227
yjdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:18 PM   #10

I'm considering going with the SWX chassis and I see that you can purchase the side plates for about $35. My questions is....is the included skid plate in the full SWX kit any different in width when compared to a stock, or a R2J custom?
BadMotorFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:50 AM   #11
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMotorFinger View Post
I'm considering going with the SWX chassis and I see that you can purchase the side plates for about $35. My questions is....is the included skid plate in the full SWX kit any different in width when compared to a stock, or a R2J custom?
The SWX skid puts the side plates at 50mm, around 2 inches wide. It's also longer so a dig will be protected by the skid.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #12

Thanks Gunnar! Hey I see you're in San Mateo. Do you ever crawl at G-tech with some of the locals?
BadMotorFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #13
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Yea, I've been there three or four times, pretty awesome place. Since I work in the east bay, I'm pretty much at Hobbytown Concord now.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

after owning both the edge and swx id say if ur just looking for a basher u can beat the hell out of the edge works well i doubt ull ever be able to bust it and will keep your electronics safe from any big falls but if your planning on getting competive at all i woudl say the swx. i love mine but it will be going up for sale since my shafty is being turned into another scaler. the chassis is big enough to run all of your electronics dig and dig servo safely between the sideplates and u have the added protection of a body. wich is nice since there are so many different options out there now. and i would say to buy the full kit. bender did a awsome job at figureing out the best link options for the chassis and axles and will save you alot of headaches down the road. also the skid that comes with the kit is great if you ever get stuck on the skid itself it will keep you from slideing from side to side on the rocks and it also caps off the sideplates at the bottem so its fully slick and you dont have to worry about getting hung up on the bit of alum on the sides like on some chassis.
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:45 AM   #15

Does the edge use a specific skid or can I use one that brings the lower links inside?