Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Howdy From N.GA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #1

Default Howdy From N.GA

Well i picked up a ax10 scorpion couple days ago and this little thing has been a BLAST! Its the ARTR model with orange links and the yellow truck body. Ill try to put few pics up later.

Sadly I havent had it on any rocks yet only indoor obstacles like stairs and couch cushions lol.

I have a couple of questions....

1st one is today my truck has been losing power, like at full throttle it will go then lose power then go again, It does this randomly.. Would low radio batteries cause this??

2and Is it safe to run 2 fully charged batts back2back? One is 1800 and the other is a 2000 Ni-Cd

3rd one my shocks doesnt fully extend once it has had pressure put on it. Like if you push it down it doesnt come back up all the way and the truck sits un-level.

Anyways I look forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully making a friend or 2 along the way.

Thanks,
-Nathan
nvineyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Not sure on your problems or questions but welcome aboard
silverback4jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
TSK
Shelf queen

!) What kind of radio system are you using? Running indoors typically has more radio interference issues...

On the wole though, there are a ton of things that could be causeing your problems. ranging for radip noise, low BEC voltage, faulty wiring, etc

2) You can, but it really depends on how hot your esc and motor is after the first pack. If both are warm to the touch, it's probably ok. if it's hot, then you'll have to let it cool down for 5 minutes or so.

3) Typically, suspension won't come back up all the way. If your truck is sitting uneven, use some of the clip on shock spacers to pre load the corner that is sagging. ideally, the suspension should never sit fully extended while at rest. the suspension should sag a little, so that when a tire goes over a gap, the tire can drop down into it without upsetting the chassis balance.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

The stocker radio likes to glitch a lot.. I promptly switched mine to FM and it stopped. Dalton, huh? I grew up in Ringgold man, now im in Las Vegas in the Air Force.
slowstang88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowstang88 View Post
The stocker radio likes to glitch a lot.. I promptly switched mine to FM and it stopped. Dalton, huh? I grew up in Ringgold man, now im in Las Vegas in the Air Force.
He's running an ARTR so he had to supply his own radiop gear.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I guess I need to wake up and look at the details.... Thanks for that..
slowstang88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:05 PM   #7

Well I have not ran it outdoors yet due to rain and work but I suppose I need to give that a shot before I start replacing electronics. My TX is Traxxas TQ3, I bought the truck used so someone else supplied the electronics. Also a Traxxas reciever and a Tazer 12t ESC.

Also my tranny gear says 16 on it is this the actual size? If so would I benefit much switching from a 16 to a 14? I care nothing about speed I just want to crawl

Sorry is I didnt use the correct terms for anything I am a noob lol.

Thanks for the replies!

-Nathan
Old 12-31-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
TSK
Shelf queen

Well, with an AM radio setup like that, you'll probably want to maximize your radio reception by keeping the antenna wire away from the bayyery and motor wires, the motor itself, and try and keep the wire from being bundled up on itslef. AM radio systems are most prone to glithing due to interference. Although most guys tuck their antenna under to body to prevent damge to it during a roll over, having the entire antenna mounted vertically through the body give it the best possible reception, so you may wantto try that.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
Well, with an AM radio setup like that, you'll probably want to maximize your radio reception by keeping the antenna wire away from the bayyery and motor wires, the motor itself, and try and keep the wire from being bundled up on itslef. AM radio systems are most prone to glithing due to interference. Although most guys tuck their antenna under to body to prevent damge to it during a roll over, having the entire antenna mounted vertically through the body give it the best possible reception, so you may wantto try that.
Can a ESC slowly go bad? The first 2 days I had the truck it ran flawlessly then this glitching startd and it happens WAY more in reverse than forward. I thought maybe something was binding but I cant seem to repeat the problem with the wheels off the ground. Not sure whats going on with it, it still crawls ok not as good as before but its still tolerable. Reverse is jumpy though. I may try it outside tomorrow if its dry enough and see what happens.

Thanks,
-Nathan