Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Triangulated lowers ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Triangulated lowers ?

I've noticed around here that triangulating your lower links is the way to go these days. Someone said that when going this route, it is good to get your upper links parallel to each other from the chassis to the axle. How important is this to the overall geometry? I"m running a ckrc rockstar chassis, and it is super narrow with no way to run the uppers on the inside of the chassis. So getting the links parallel would be next to impossible. thanks for any input.
SpeedFreak675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
TSK
Shelf queen

Well having your uppers triangulated also (wide at the chassis, narrow at the axle) would work just fine with triangulated lowers.

There is no perfect setup, and each guys rig will be setup differently. I ran parallel uppers on my CDW 1.0 and rally liked it. But my lowers were super traiangulated. They only have two locknuts worth of space between them on the chassis, and went out to the outer axle tabs. If you can't get your lowers that triangulated, you might as well just compensate by triangulating your uppers.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

thanks. i'm running 3 link now, so i suppose any 4 link would be better than that.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

you want to triangulated both upper and lower links, this will eliminate axle swing. as for parallel links, if you look at the rig from the side upper and lowers should be parallel.
rugerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:05 AM   #5
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerboy View Post
you want to triangulated both upper and lower links, this will eliminate axle swing. as for parallel links, if you look at the rig from the side upper and lowers should be parallel.
He's talking about parallel uppers (parallel to each other, not to the lowers) and is also called straight uppers

Like this:
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:55 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I ran my Daughters upper links on the inside and the CDW chassis is supper narrow..
Attached Images

Gardetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

There are so many different ideas on this. I like the lowers very narrow at the skid for good axle location and less axle swing/steer. And the skid very narrow so there is less to hang up on. I think triangulating the uppers also reduces axle swing/steer but not as much as the lowers. My current set up has the uppers very narrow (inside the narrow side plates) with some triangulation. The uppers are all about caster/driveline angles, squat/anti-squat and torque twist to me. Oh and make sure nothing binds anywhere.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

gardetto, what tranny are you running. i have an r2d and my motor is snug against the inside of the chassis where the upper links mount. the screw that hold the upper links is countersunk just to clear. i'll post pics once i get my memory card reader to my new house. thanks for all the great info guys.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Default Stock trans

Stock trans with an Epic 45T .My daughter can not run dig in the rangers class, but check out gunnars corky 1 build...same chassis as my kid but with a puller motor and VP dig unit
Attached Images

Gardetto is offline   Reply With Quote