Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: crawler for girlfriend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #1

Default crawler for girlfriend

hi guys i have a losi comp crawler and my girlfriend likes driving it. but theres one problem, i like drivig it too. so i was thinkin aobut getting her a ready to crawl ax10. any thing i need to concider for this. she started out playin with my mrc and start to get bummed out when she couldnt climb the same stuff i was so i let he drive mine, and so now im out of drive time. shes not hard core enough to need a comp set up and would just be happy with a 1/10 scale crawler. ive done a little research and found this would be the best bang for the buck. so is there anything that NEEDS to be addressed becuase its just a weak point. thanks
alexkenison is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #2

the axial ax10's are pretty good for durability and ease of crawling to a newcomer to crawling the only thing that limits how well it crawls is the tires and the shocks the rest is pretty awesome for a beginner vehicle only thing i have done to one of my stock ax10s is used a rc18t battery inplace of the hevy nimh packs and it crawls awsome and is reliable hope this helps ya out
slow_goin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default can you afford another lcc

i have an ax-10 and i'm not even comp ready yet but have spent alot getting it close. i see people selling lcc's on here and ax's that are ready to go for great prices. i wish i had known about this site before i bought mine from my lhs. if you can i'd get her a lcc used on here or new if you want that way you have the same brand and can even use the same parts when something breaks and you have extra. plus if she's getting better and wants to be able to crawl the same as you even if it's not comp you'll never hear the end of it if she has a different brand. just my opinion.

good luck
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
i have an ax-10 and i'm not even comp ready yet but have spent alot getting it close. i see people selling lcc's on here and ax's that are ready to go for great prices. i wish i had known about this site before i bought mine from my lhs. if you can i'd get her a lcc used on here or new if you want that way you have the same brand and can even use the same parts when something breaks and you have extra. plus if she's getting better and wants to be able to crawl the same as you even if it's not comp you'll never hear the end of it if she has a different brand. just my opinion.

good luck
i could but she doesnt like how short my run times are and ive read that with the right battery the ax10 can go over an hour. my comp crawler runs out after about 20 min and i only have 2 batteries for it but i have a bunch of batteries that will fit in an ax10
Old 01-28-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

sounds about right my buddy has his lcc with the losi 1650 2s and gets about 15minutes im running 2200mah 2s on my axial getting over an hour per battery the motor starts getting hot from running so long before the battery dies
liverkiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Smile

I say get a used axial cheap from here. I have run mine without Dig or any "major upgrades" and WOW! its amazing. I also have to vouch for the runtime. I run a 55T on a 1500 2S and this car could go about an hr.+ most of the time I was to cold, tired or I ran out of lines before the battery died The LCC is cool but i hear it has some issues, overall the Axial is good. Sure the caps can be a problem popping but I never made sure they were tight at the start of every run Its amazing what you can pick up for cheap off here... it maybe also more fun to see who's car is more capable also
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #7
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Axial ARTR. You can find the moter, esc and receiver for cheap, or I'm sure you have extras lying around.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post
Axial ARTR. You can find the moter, esc and receiver for cheap, or I'm sure you have extras lying around.
to be honest i dont have any spare stuff lying around. all my stuff runs and has no issues. other then maintance stuff like shock oils and extra screws, thats it. no motors or esc's i maybe have a spare set of wheels and tires but thats it. ive had good luck with everything and if i need to a hobby shop 40 min away has ANYTHING id need. which is a suprise these days. so i was lookin at a new rtc ax10 because it come with radio too.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

if she LIKES yours...buy her a night crawler... i've seen them sell, rtr, for $250-275 barely used, and she'll already be used to the worm gears.
GSRswapandslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkenison View Post
hi guys i have a losi comp crawler and my girlfriend likes driving it. but theres one problem, i like drivig it too. so i was thinkin aobut getting her a ready to crawl ax10. any thing i need to concider for this. she started out playin with my mrc and start to get bummed out when she couldnt climb the same stuff i was so i let he drive mine, and so now im out of drive time. shes not hard core enough to need a comp set up and would just be happy with a 1/10 scale crawler. ive done a little research and found this would be the best bang for the buck. so is there anything that NEEDS to be addressed becuase its just a weak point. thanks
if it where my girl It would need to have the same if not better capabilities as mine, If you climb something and she cant then no booty for me, It would have to be fair game
aaugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
to be honest i dont have any spare stuff lying around. all my stuff runs and has no issues. other then maintance stuff like shock oils and extra screws, thats it. no motors or esc's i maybe have a spare set of wheels and tires but thats it. ive had good luck with everything and if i need to a hobby shop 40 min away has ANYTHING id need. which is a suprise these days. so i was lookin at a new rtc ax10 because it come with radio too.
The radio thats comes with the rtc is a throw away unit to get you going at best. The nightcrawler has a much better radio and drag brake out of the box. It takes a lot of modding on the rtc just to crawl as good as a straight out of the box Nightcrawler. Since you have the LCC I'd suggest setting her up with the nightcrawler.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

You both should take a ride to Taylors Falls some Sunday this summer and run your rigs with the Minnesota RC Rock Crawlers. The season will start in the spring and run into the fall. TF is a awesome area for scale crawling and the club is full of helpful people. You can find out more on the Minnesota page the schedule should be posted for the 2010 season in about 5-6 weeks.

Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
You both should take a ride to Taylors Falls some Sunday this summer and run your rigs with the Minnesota RC Rock Crawlers. The season will start in the spring and run into the fall. TF is a awesome area for scale crawling and the club is full of helpful people. You can find out more on the Minnesota page the schedule should be posted for the 2010 season in about 5-6 weeks.

i will definatly make it up there some time this summer. ive never tried a comp yet for crawling but i have went around local fields and took as many rocks as i could get into my truck last fall and starte makin myself a pile. in november we went to full throlle rc raceway for an indoor race with my sc 10 and i let he play on sean's rock pile there and she was havin a blast so if i get her one we will definatly make it up there
Old 02-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Looking forward to seeing you there.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I have the same problem... first was my son ( on the last Xmas I give a Cliff Climber for him), and now is my girfriend. shes likes driving too... heheheh

bye
fabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #16
Suck it up!

Get your girlfriend a MOA. None of those guys are man enough to drive a shafty, so it should be perfect.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

if you do go axial just buy the ARTR version. the Ready to run rock racer is worthless out of the box. bought one for my son and i already wish i had spent the extra on a night crawler. the rock racer version has tooooooo stiff springs. non vented wheels, shiiiiiity radio and im already replacing broke crap. this is just my son driving around the living room...not me binding the thing up. i will give it this though. 1 hr plus run time on 6 celll NiMh battery.:-x
Super Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:25 AM   #18

or just the Axial RTC
YoterTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #19

I just went through the same thing with my 10yo. son. I ended up picking up a great 1.9 at a local comp and it seems to be a little better for his learning curve imho. As stated earlier, there are a ton of great deals on used rigs...i'd check that first personally. .02
howyadoin is offline   Reply With Quote