Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Ckrc bta?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 05:50 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Ckrc bta?

Whats better the CKRC BTA or the Axial BTA?
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2010, 06:49 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Axial's one is better.
ErÄjOrMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Either of them let you use 4-link in the front. LD Products BTA (RPPHobby) is made for 4-link. I would recommend this and the CKRC high-steer knuckles.
stianl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:02 AM   #4
Suck it up!

I'd go Axial all the way, though the LD racing is pretty good and not terribly expensive.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I am shopping these myself right now.

What re the pro's and cons to each? I see many say "choose Axial" but why the Axial one over the others? They all seem 4 link compatible.

the pics on the CKRC site show it in a 4 link setup, the LD one comes with a 4 link plate,and the axial one is well... Axial..
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I have run the CKRC before. Bought several of them for different rigs. Work good but gets pricey when compared to the LD racing setup.

I bought the LD Racing setup last month. I really like it alot. Has everything you need for like $18. Plus, it small time vendor.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I have the ckrc...no issues,...axial is waaaay pricey
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

there all going to do the same thing.i like the LD BTA kit from RPP Hobby,it's cheap and i like to support the local's.i just use high clearance knuckles from Axial
sloyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

If I'm not wrong, the Axial high-steer knuckles only fits the Axial BTA "drag bar"? My LD setup has the right length for the stock knuckles as well (even though stock knuckles stop in the lower shock mount...).
Old 02-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Where is the cheapest place to get the Axial BTA?
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #11
RCC Addict

The Axial if it ever gets released will be the best. I've ran the CKRC for a year, they say it won't work with 4link but I never got it to clear a three link and found it works great with 4link. If you get the CKRC or the LDRP order a set of extra knuckle (kingpin) bushings also, cut the bushings just longer than the link bar is thick and drill the bar to fit the bushing. That will allow you to tighten everything up and keep the screws from cutting into the link causing slop, Axial fixed that issue with there kit. I'll soon be making my own link bar cause none of the kits will clear my shocks to allow the steering I'll be getting from Super 300's.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:30 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

i am running the LD BTA kit with the axial high clearance knuckes. i like the fact that its set up for a 4 link. might buy the axial kit whenever it is released just to have the spare parts.
Fordx4Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:40 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordx4Ranger View Post
i am running the LD BTA kit with the axial high clearance knuckes. i like the fact that its set up for a 4 link. might buy the axial kit whenever it is released just to have the spare parts.
So the LD dragbar fits the Axial knuckles? Thats nice to know
Old 02-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I ended up ordering the CKRC with high steer knuckles last night after I snapped a stocker in half.

i will know for myself next week how things go
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I am running the Axial BTA on my kids AX10 with front four link...
Gardetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:25 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardetto View Post
I am running the Axial BTA on my kids AX10 with front four link...
Are you using a different battery-/servoplate? Or did you drill holes through the Axial plate?
Old 02-16-2010, 04:28 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana mudcat View Post
The Axial if it ever gets released will be the best. I've ran the CKRC for a year, they say it won't work with 4link but I never got it to clear a three link and found it works great with 4link. If you get the CKRC or the LDRP order a set of extra knuckle (kingpin) bushings also, cut the bushings just longer than the link bar is thick and drill the bar to fit the bushing. That will allow you to tighten everything up and keep the screws from cutting into the link causing slop, Axial fixed that issue with there kit. I'll soon be making my own link bar cause none of the kits will clear my shocks to allow the steering I'll be getting from Super 300's.
How do you hold the bar onto the knuckle, washer ontop of the bushing with a longer screw? How long in mm is the bushing that your using and wont the bar cut into the bushing? I'm asking because I just ordered the ckrc bta kit for my ax10 and I would like to make it last longer along with the fact that I have 1/4" and 5/16" delrin rod along with jeepindougs bushing so I can make any size link or bushing, cutting is the tricky part. Thanks for any clarification or pics you can provide.
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Is Axial coming out with a new bta that is set up for 4 link? I just installed the new Axial bta and it is not set up for 4 link. Steering is great but not set up for 4 link.
g_green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #19
RCC Addict

I don't use any washers, the bushings are the one's that go in the knuckles where they screw onto the C's. AX30450 Flange pipe 3 x 4.5 x 5.5, i cut the 5.5mm (length) just longer than the link bar is thick, I drilled the link bar to a size that I had to push the bushings in with a vise (after a few hours running they spin free in the bar but haven't got sloppy). You could put a washer between the bar and knuckle but I haven't found it needed.

I put the screw up through the knuckle tight with loc-tite, then install the plate with the flange up. On the steering link side I put the rod end on then a nylock nut almost tight, on the other side just the nylock almost tight. I don't have any clear pics but will try to take some.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_green View Post
Is Axial coming out with a new bta that is set up for 4 link? I just installed the new Axial bta and it is not set up for 4 link. Steering is great but not set up for 4 link.
You just need to swap the servo plate, the LDRP or CKRC viper plate are direct swaps, the STRC plate works with a little cutting. Or make your own plate by tracing the Axial one and adding a tab in the center for the link mounts, here's a pic of the CKRC plate that shows where the link's need to mount.
Attached Images

Last edited by indiana mudcat; 02-16-2010 at 05:28 PM.