Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Radio help. Thinking of an affordable FM.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Radio help. Thinking of an affordable FM.

I need a little advice. I have basically replaced everything so far on my RTR Ax10. I was having some radio issues and put in an old futaba I had laying around. I am interested in switching to FM but do not really know which to go with. I have seen a spektrum 3 channel lately for $99. This would allow me to add a dig soon but right now I only really need a 2 channel. Any ideas about that radio or any others would be appreciated.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Save a few more bucks and get a 2.4ghz radio, you will be much happier in the end.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
RCC Addict

The Spektrum was probably the DX3e which is 2.4, and the one you wanna go with if you can't flip the extra cash for a KO PROPO EX5-UR , or the Futuba 3PMX. If you think you will have more than one RC at some point go with the KO or Futuba so you won't spend more later. But I would highly recommend one of those 2.4 units over any FM.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

X3. 2.4ghz is the way to go BUT......if you r stuck on getting an fm radio and receiver i have a modded TQ3 i could set you up with
Twisted Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

the only issue i myself have with 2.4 radios is the cost of receivers, hence why im still with fm.

i run a jr xr3 on my crawler, and an xr3I on all my other toys. ive used the xr3 for many years without issues, it was getting beat up and i found an almost new xr3I for $60, so i replaced the xr3. i then needed 3 pos. 3rd channel on the crawler so i went back to the xr3 for it. works great, never had an issue. 3 model memory, epa, sub trim, channel mixing, its got everything you need. if you dont have a problem with e-bay you can pick them up for cheap. its really all you need for a crawler as well as a basher/casual racer.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Exclamation

Go for the dx3e, it was $89 at rpp. Ive always liked the quality from spektrum. Its easy to set up. It one drawback which is the single model memory is that big of deal either. I use it in my crawler and my blitz with no problem.
scottb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I just bought the dx3e and am very happy with it! You can also run the dig of the 3rd channel which is also a plus.
RCRockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Default You guys cost me some money

Alright. You guys cost me some money today. Went to HobbytownUSA today to purchase the Spektrum DS3e and ended up spending an extra 35 bucks on defender 90 HPI top. Just so happens my personal vehicle is a d-90 and there is now way I am going to pass up purchasing that top.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote